Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1998 Rav4 3sfe Engine

frankiewells

guys can anyone tell me of any toyota breakers in the uk or a good company that sells second parts for Rav4's 1998 3sfe coil pack version? Engine starts for a few seconds then stops, original fob for immobiliser has been lost, alarm has been took out of the vehicle, main dealer diagnostic plug in said that the problem was ecu immobiliser, any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks!

guys can anyone tell me of any toyota breakers in the uk or a good company that sells second parts for Rav4's 1998 3sfe coil pack version? Engine starts for a few seconds then stops, original fob for immobiliser has been lost, alarm has been took out of the vehicle, main dealer diagnostic plug in said that the problem was ecu immobiliser, any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks!

The early alarms and immobilsers were fitted on arrival in the UK using equipment from a company who went bust shortly after 1995. From what I've read, the custom of fitting the alarms here continued and the way they are wired seems to vary from car to car.

On my RAV I've had from 1994, the immobiliser ecu was removed entirely, and I removed another from a 95 car after a bit of time spent tracing wires. My 2nd RAV has the alarm and immobiliser part disabled so the lights flash and the central locking works on the fob only.

The 98 RAV doesn't have the OBDII diagnostics - just fairly basic stuff.

I'd remove the remains of the immobiliser, especially if it breaks/makes the ignition circuit which it does by the description. It might be as quick to find a good auto-electrician and get them to remove the old ecu and fit a new immobiliser ....or you can fit your own by putting a switch on the earth of the engine ecu somewhere.

Whatever is on the 98 car you have maybe depends on how long it was lying around til sold when new. I never had any problems with the 3SFE coil pack, although I have had a problem with corrosion of the coil pack from a MR2. When was the alarm removed?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links