Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Big's The Fuel Tank?

MrsHasACDX

Does anyone know how big the fuel tank is on a 1.3 CDX please?

It's just that I refuel the Yaris when the fuel guage flashes. I fill it to the brim everytime but all it takes is around 35 litres.

Cheers

its about 42-45l, you can still drive when its flashing, i did 60 miles on the motorway, you got 35l when refillin cos there is already sum petol in the tank

U should always put petrol in ur car wen it starts 2 flash cos if u keep drivin until its really low the engine will take in all the c**p that is sittin at the bottom of ur petrol tank and that is not good 4 ur engine at all!!!

:thumbsup:

Mine is 45Litres (T-Sport) and I think they're all the same size. My light comes on quite early as well - if i refill as soon as the light comes on I won't get much more than 35 litres in.

... all the c**p that is sittin at the bottom of ur petrol tank ...

What exactly do you think might be at the bottom of the tank?? Even if there's a bit of grit accumulated over the years, there is a fuel filter that takes care of that, it's really not a problem, even if the car were 20 years old.

I always drive it right until I have to push it! :rolleyes:

... all the c**p that is sittin at the bottom of ur petrol tank ...

What exactly do you think might be at the bottom of the tank?? Even if there's a bit of grit accumulated over the years, there is a fuel filter that takes care of that, it's really not a problem, even if the car were 20 years old.

I always drive it right until I have to push it! :rolleyes:

I think you'll find rust at the bottom of the tank. Fuel tanks contain water,

due to small amounts in the fuel.....but also due to condensation in the tank.

( in the winter months ist's best to keep her over half full..to reduce the condensation)

The tank is steel...over time is corodes.

No fuel is also not totally clean, there will always be a sediment build up.

Sure you do have a in-line fuel filter...but this is tiny......as are the fuel pipes...it doesn't take a lot to partial block these, and trying to find the blockage is a mare.

Also...when do you change the fuel filter?? it's definitly not every service...in fact I think it's around the 50K mark.

It's not too big an isssue with newish cars.... but as a rule, I never run her right down to the fumes, and more often than not, I refill before the warning light comes on. I also don't fill her to the brim....why carry all that weight around?

Sure I need to visit the garage that little bit more...putting in around £15-£20 at a time.

However.... this usued to be much more of a problem say 10-20 years ago. fuel is much better refined now, and tends to have less sediment....but it's there...and it does build up.

Vipes