Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Modifications

justin7

Well for advertising I intend to pimp up the IQ a little. hopefully making it stand out a bit so people remember the car and the name down the side. Its not going to look tacky thou or a halfords bolt on.

I'm an ex vehicle technician so will hopefully end up with lots of little electrical extras in the car.

Just ordered afront and reverse camera of which I intend to interface into the sat nav, then I'm going to change the interior lighting, upgrade the sound system, put some day time running lights on it, change the wheels then think of some oter mods just got to wait for the car to turn up.

Does anyone know what alarm the car come with?

Also as an ex Clifford alarm r&d guy I may add the intelistart system, depends on the immobilisation built into the car.

sounds really good...what u doing with ur interior lighting cuz the standard is pretty drab!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• justin7

• marcandsebe

• Ruud-from-Holland

• Heathie

Hi Justin7,

Well coming from a BMW I have got a BMW Interior light with the orange downlighters in that stay lit at all times. This gives a very faint glow to everything below.

Then you will have the normal main light and two map reading lights.

I will then be on the lookout for a few small glove box lights that I am going to use for floor lighting and for lights under the door trim so when you open the door it will light the area below with LED bulbs in.

I'm still pondering on the iq colour thou. I have ordered the Grey but seen a black one tonight and that looks pretty cool.

Black is nice but i allready had a black car and just remembered how easy it gets dirty... and decided to forget this colour for my IQ

Why do you need such great interior lighting when most of the time you are driving so looking out?

I like the car to light up when its dark so I can actually see what i'm doing.

Either that or whilst others use their mobiles whilst driving I can read a book at night whilst driving :)

Oh and its Black now, managed to get it changed.

Here's our iQ with the official side protection mouldings. To my eyes, they work well on silver but might not be as effective on other colours.post-82462-1251454353_thumb.jpg

Not my thing but thank god we are not all the same then all our little cars will be individual.....

I hope!

Here's our iQ with the official side protection mouldings. To my eyes, they work well on silver but might not be as effective on other colours.post-82462-1251454353_thumb.jpg

Work well with white too, make the door look less "heavy", if you see what I mean, and gives a measure of protection from car park "dings", but it is all a matter of taste...

I been on the phone to Blitz nearly weekly bout the exhaust, have they finally given you a delivery date as they said they had no idea from Japan? I gave up in the end & decided a custom made would be better.

Just been priced on my wheels colour coded to the body...sweet. dribble dribble...

Also had another couple of little mods done on mine, she is getting quite known now with the local chavs as they cannot figure out how quick or what exactly she is as most never heard of or indeed had an iQ :lol2:

Jaine

Looks quite nicer than the toyota one !!!

Any DIY to help us to install the same thing on ours ? how much did it cost you ? do you think we can adapt it to sat-nav screen ?

Looks quite nicer than the toyota one !!!

Any DIY to help us to install the same thing on ours ? how much did it cost you ? do you think we can adapt it to sat-nav screen ?

The DIY tips: I took the power from the rear-gear lights to power the camera and the screen, very simple, just connect the 2 wires. Using this will cause the screen to switch on when the reverse gear is activated.

Most of the work was the conseale the wires in a proper way, opening up the dash.

**SALES ADVERTISING REMOVED.......NON SUBSCRIBING MEMBER**

The monitor is 3.5" TFT and the camera is a waterproof wide-angle cmos cam.

There is also a second video-in connector, so if the sat-nav has a video-out, it is possible to connect.

The system switches automaticly to black and white at poor illumination.

Best regards,

Ruud

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links