Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Modifications

justin7

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• justin7

• marcandsebe

• Ruud-from-Holland

• Heathie

What was the interior light you used?

I have been looking for an interior light but not come across one I like and your appears quite neat.

Is it for a specific car?

What was the interior light you used?

I have been looking for an interior light but not come across one I like and your appears quite neat.

Is it for a specific car?

I don't know how it's called in english, but I went to a car-demolition yard. I think the interior lightning comes from an old Daewoo.

Ruud.

Where did you get the rear carpet from? How much was it??????? Would really like one!!!!!

That was my first iQ project. Our dog was in desperate need off a solution, because she felt thru the openings of the folded rear seats.

Hond-1.jpg

hond-2.jpg

hond-3.jpg

hond-4.jpg

Has anyone found any real performance parts yet?

ie

Suspension?

I had hoped Gazoo Racing was the right place, but their site is poor, or maybe they simply sell ready-modified cars only?

Has anyone found any real performance parts yet?

I haven't found any real performance in our IQ! I'm probably missing the point, but why buy a 60mpg slow as hell car and try and make it perform better? For a little underpowered, long geared, short wheelbase car it actually corners surprisingly well out of the box. I've got a feeling that it'd be an expensive hiding to nothing to make it go faster!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

Sorry to barge in on your conv. I have just bought an iQ2 and wanted to change the standard 15" wheels.

Does anyone know how wide wheels the car can take without arch/steering/suspension mods.

The wheels are currently 175. I am pretty sure it should be able to handle 195 (would prefer 205).

Can anyone give me some deffinate answer?

I have just changed my wheels to some 7x17 alloys with 215/40x17 tyres. I have also lowered the suspension by 35mm. There is loads of clearance and I have had no rubbing even on full lock, and on the bumpy back lanes on the way to work.

I will post some pics when I clean the car at the weekend.

I think 205 width tyres are the normal fit for 17's, but I already had the tyres fitted so i thought I would try them.

I have just changed my wheels to some 7x17 alloys with 215/40x17 tyres. I have also lowered the suspension by 35mm. There is loads of clearance and I have had no rubbing even on full lock, and on the bumpy back lanes on the way to work.

I will post some pics when I clean the car at the weekend.

I think 205 width tyres are the normal fit for 17's, but I already had the tyres fitted so i thought I would try them.

Do these wheels and tyres effect your speedo?

I haven't found any real performance in our IQ! I'm probably missing the point, but why buy a 60mpg slow as hell car and try and make it perform better? For a little underpowered, long geared, short wheelbase car it actually corners surprisingly well out of the box. I've got a feeling that it'd be an expensive hiding to nothing to make it go faster!

Well actually in a car that weighs so little having that few extra horsepower & lowering it so it handles like a go kart is quite a cool idea to me! My exhaust, induction & spring kit have made a lot of difference & it feels & sounds a lot better than standard.

I have been tuning the original Mini since 1989 & with even a 850cc engine you can get a real lot of fun just from a stage one kit.

It is horses for courses with people & thier cars, I personally dont get why there are so many posts about the naff interior light, you are meant to be driving not sitting reading a mills & boon, but if that is what makes people happy then fine & I dont knock them for it.

Jaine

oh & if you think it handles well on those springs from the factory, take a ride in one with a lowering kit on.

As Jaine has said, the difference in fitting the lowering springs is amazing. I fitted the wheels first and the car felt just as before, but with a little more road noise on bad surfaces.

But, having fitted the springs as well now, the car is transformed. No more pitching and rolling. The car feels taught and responsive. The comfort levels are still good, but the car just feels really good to drive now. I love my IQ, and have done since the day I bought it. The only thing that let it down was the wallowy suspension. Fitting the springs has cured this, and made the car look better into the bargain. It just sits right on big wheels and lowered suspension. It's almost as if the designers knew customers would fit them.

• 4 weeks later...

I have fitted H&R springs like most of the others. I got them through one of my trade contacts, but you can pick them up cheap on eBay etc. I did order some Tein Super Streetcoilovers, but the delivery date kept getting delayed, as there is some problem with the fitment. I am a patient man, but it was getting beyond a joke.

I probably wont be modding mine for a long time, but just want to know if 17's fit on ok, did you have to remove any plastic bits from the arches?

think i might get that roof spoiler off ibherdesign!! rest of it is not pleasant i think!

Just thought i would add im getting my heated seats fitted. Just doing a DIY job. Never done it before but going ok so far. Have got the relay fitted and all wiring in place. Have stuck the drivers elements to the foam and got the switches hanging out in the rough place they will go. Will get a picture up soon to give you guys some inspiration. On high setting after about 6-8 minutes it starts to feel like sitting on a radiator! Well worth £60 from the usual auction site! Dont know how much toyota charge to fit and supply but since it will have taken a few hours (nearly 1 hour to work out how to remove lots of the trim carfully) They must charge 3 hours labour plus at least twice the price of the universal heating kit so am guessing £300 plus. Anyone paid toyota yet? Soon as thats done, will get boot light installed. It feels like my old mini already! (Fun DIY stuff, not rust poor reliability you undersatnd :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Just a note to say that I have finally installed my Visconti leather satchel as a glove bag, it was only £45 on e-bay and a few quid for the poppers so less than the official item and a bit more classy. I would say that you must be 100% accurate with the placement of the poppers as there is no give in the leather (I recon I was just lucky to get it first time) and I'm not sure how well the poppers will hold if it is loaded up with stuff. Still, a reasonable alternative to the fabric glove bag.

post-81278-1262360986_thumb.jpg

post-81278-1262361046_thumb.jpg

post-81278-1262361078_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Paul

Hi all,

If I can make a proposal... I don't think that this thread has a good effect on the iQ forum.

Over time, lots of interesting modifications and discussions will be buried inside this thread.

It will make following discussions about a specific modification very diffucult, and browsing the different modifications nearly impossible

I think it would be best just to stop filling this thread and to create new ones for each modifications (with lots of pictures of course :)).

What ya think?

(and happy new year everyone! :))

Hi I fitted a HID conversion kit today and i have to say what a difference it has made i got the kit from eBay and also fitted some silvertech bulb to eliminate the fried egg look. Complete job took less than 1/2 hour next job is to upgrade the interior light, has anybody fitted the Toyota accessory interior light kit?

Regards

Martin

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links