Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Modifications

justin7

Hi I fitted a HID conversion kit today and i have to say what a difference it has made i got the kit from ebay and also fitted some silvertech bulb to eliminate the fried egg look. Complete job took less than 1/2 hour next job is to upgrade the interior light, has anybody fitted the Toyota accessory interior light kit?

Regards

Martin

Hi Martin... can you tell me the reference of the bulbs that you boughted? I don't know wich bulbs are required for the headlights.

Thx.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• justin7

• marcandsebe

• Ruud-from-Holland

• Heathie

Hi I fitted a HID conversion kit today and i have to say what a difference it has made i got the kit from ebay and also fitted some silvertech bulb to eliminate the fried egg look. Complete job took less than 1/2 hour next job is to upgrade the interior light, has anybody fitted the Toyota accessory interior light kit?

Regards

Martin

Hi Martin... can you tell me the reference of the bulbs that you boughted? I don't know wich bulbs are required for the headlights.

Thx.

Have a look at http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...howtopic=103531

guess what justins gettin this weeeeek....

http://www.blitz-uk.co.uk/ProductItem-3097.aspx

remember where u heard it first ;)

We just need to wait ! :P

A reply from Tim at Blitz,

'we had a recent delivery of the induction kits, and unfortunately when we went to try one on our IQ 3 it would not fit for several different reasons.

I am going to see Blitz in Japan next week, and will find out if 1.3 litre induction kits are in r&d, and if not when they will become available.

As IQ3 was only released recently in both Europe and Japan, Blitz may not have had chance yet to look into it.'

'

I've been meaning to ask if you had it yet. Any pictures yet?

Just wondered how good a fit it was etc, and how it compares to the K&N kit.

I will fit one to mine, but I was planning to make a carbon cold air feed one like I did on my Aygo. I just don't seem to have any time at the minute though, so I might buy a kit in the mean time.

hey yeah fitted today...pretty simple job done in 15 mins...just need to know where places go and stuff..cuz the manual is in japanese...

makes the car sound great no pictures as yet...cuz well its cold outside and i cba to get snowed on..

however im also gonna feed it with cold air cuz the thing itself is not lined up with the grille on the front...

how are you going to make ur carbon one?

It looks quite neat. Seems alot of money for what you get though.

I made a replacement airbox for the Aygo out of pre-pregnated carbon cloth, formed over a mould and baked in a vacumm bag in a oven. It worked really well and looked cool. I plan to do something similar with my IQ. There are some pics in the Aygo forum of the other one.

I have made a mould for some mirror covers. When I get time I will make some carbon covers. I am also trying to get hold of a s/h bonnet, so that I can mould a carbon copy with a air scoop in for the new airbox design.

only problem is if u look at the heat deflector its deflecting all the cold air away from the cone and there is no cold air from anywher...sigh im gonna have to do something...

post-81513-1263526382_thumb.png

I can see what you mean about the air feed. I take it you are planning to add some sort of ducting to direct air at the filter. But that is not always a good thing.

Blitz would have done a fair amount of development probably including dyno/ road testing. Most people assume like yourself ( no offense meant )that if you duct air directly into or onto the filter you get better airflow, which increases performance.

However if you get the wrong kind of air ie: turbulant air from a ducted source, it can have a negative effect. If like the Blitz design, you place the filter in an area of stiller dense air ( which is oxygen rich ), you get better a air/fuel mix which will give a better burn.

I discovered this when I designed my carbon airbox convertion for the Aygo. Rather than ductin air from the front grill, I placed the inlet behind the leading edge of the bonnet where it meet the top of the front bumper. This air is much more dense, but less turbulant. It was a massive improvement over my previous attempt that used a direct feed.

Does the filter have an internal ram pipe/ rolled bellmouth. If it does a direct feed may help. But if not leave it as it is.

I'm stuck at step 1 in the instructions: "Take the key from the ignition ..." :)

the k&n induction tends to hang a lot lower than the blitz one i think after looking at no-_data's pictures that its as low as the original airbox..

I usually learn things the hard way and I will soon order the rear roof spoiler and also the lower "diffuser". I guess I should have bought the Sport-package directly!

My accessory catalogue also mentions door handle with chrome detailing, I will have to look into that :)

Hi Somchart,

I really like shiny chrome things too. Please let me know details of the chrome door handles - I'd be really interested to see if I could get those in the UK.

Do you have an electronic copy of the accessory catalogue or is it just a paper one?

Any other chrome items in it?

Try to post pics if you can.

Matt

My accessory catalogue also mentions door handle with chrome detailing, I will have to look into that :)

I would like those, but I red somewhere that one cannot mount these with keyless entry

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links