Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Problem With My 3sgte St205

lekmaan

hi could sumone help me when my st205 engine has warm it not goin more than 4000 rpm???

sumone help me plz.......

check for error codes f1rstly .

iv check thers a prob with its turbo pressure now its ok.

But dnt knw y when the engine warms it does not pass ze 4000 rpm?

sorry im english , i do not understand .

is it misfiring at 4000rpm?

check your leads, plugs etc.

clear the error codes and test them again after trying to pass 4000rpm, see what has been recorded

Booster, guessing they ment there was a problem with turbo boost pressure but it's fixed now.

sorry my english is not good

i mean when i start my engine in the morning it run well but after doing 2km then engine performance decrease the engine does not go more than 4000rpm :(

have you checked your plugs? have you checked your leads for cracks? or bad connection? fuel filter?

what error codes did you find?

code 54 is the charge cooler level or pump (most likely need the coolant topping up un the charge cooler.)

to do this remove the cap on the chargecooler (big black box on top of the engine (looks like a normal rad cap) ) run the engine then blip the throttle whilst pouring in either deionised water or toyota long life coolant. keep blipping the throttle (you can do this in the engine bay by using the end of the accelerator cable) when its full replace the cap and the code should go.

code 34 is to do with the turbocharging pressure signal. its either a faulty map sensor or your running too much boost. has the car got any boost modifications? (eg bleed/relief valve or electronic boost controller)

if so then the boost level could be set too high. if not then you need athe reading from an aftermarket boost guage (stock one is pants) see what boot its running. if this is ok (0.9bar as std) then id say check the wiring at the map sensor (located just behind the inlet manifold on the bulkhead, has three wires and a black small bore vaccumme pipe to it ) if this is ok then get a replacement from TCB (toyota celica breakers).

let us know.

dont forget to clear the ecu before code checking again (pull the efi fuse for 10-15 mins) as sometimes the ecu stores old codes that have been sorted.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links