Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Got A Bargain Set Off Alloys

waxxy

wow i was lucky this week i managed to get a brand new boxed up set of toyota yaris 15 inch alloys for 99 pounds !! i was gonna buy this set from a dealer in manchester and the toyota dealer wanted 350 pounds with no tyres and i dont really like the new styled alloys toyotas done lately and was gonna buy em then at the weekend beales toyota put a full set up buy it now for 90 pounds i conttacted them to see if theyd fit the new yaris and they said yes and they arrived today so this weekend im having them fitted ill post pics once there on.

i just hope my bad luck doesnt follow me to the garage and the car snaps in 2 once it goes up on the ramps lol.

theres another set but slightly more expensive on eBay now they want 150 and you collect yourself but there very very nice alloys in the flesh heres a link.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

i know i could have got other brand alloys but my insurer told me they only allow same manufactured alloys on vehicles they insure so if i bought some ffrom Halfords id lose my insurace with them they had to be toyota alloys.

The set you have posted from the eBay link are for the MkI Yaris, are the ones you have bought for the new shaped Yaris or the old shape as in the link?

These alloys are designed for the earlier shaped yaris ranging from 2002 up to 2006

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/15-Toyota-Yaris-whee...id=p3286.c0.m14 Same design wheels off a new shape yaris says they have a 38 offset. Havent seen the above design on the old shape Yaris, only the new ones from 2006 onwards.

The ones you got / in your link have a 45 offset. Parts-King on here has the same wheels listed for sale with 45 offset and says they are Corolla wheels. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=150341252090

the dealer on eBay told me theyd fit my car i gave him my cassis number and number plate he contacted me back and said yep no probs theyll fit them ok.

i know on one advert there advertised as corrolla wheels but on others and other forums they state yaris.i also contacted the guy whos selling them saying there designed for a 2002/2006 yaris and he also said yep theyll fit ok with no modifications needed as in his garage hes already fitted one to the new yaris.

i hope after the price i paid theyll fit even though the advert says corrolla the dealer did say to me they will fit the yaris and other models ok and i got the yaris accessorie book fromj my local garage and there in there too same wheels with a pic of a yaris weatring them but they want a fortune for them and too fit them im lucky my best mate works at kwik fit so will do them for free on his lunch break ill just buy him a can of pop and a pie :)

hope they do fit lol

another thing is ive just checked the toyota part numbers and the ones on the boxs ive just got are the same as the one in the yaris book so i think the garage is right they will fit mine ok.

2001 Corolla wheels with a 45 offset on a 2009 Yaris? Interesting...!

They would probably fit (as in being bolted to your hubs) but I thought the offset for the Yaris was 38? Would a 45 offset cause damage to your wheel bearings? :unsure:

?

as ive said before reece ive not a clue with cars lol..but ive asked the seelers on eBay and thee both toyota dealerships and they asked me for both my reg and chassis number and both replied they will fit ok so i hope there right or ill be sending them back for refund.

were do i check if mine has 45 or 38 offset wheels?

were do i check if mine has 45 or 38 offset wheels?

Wheels are usually stamped with their offset using the prefix "ET". "ET45" for a 45mm offset :thumbsup:

do you mean there stamped on the metal wheel or on the tyre?

The wheel. Tyres are a different ball game :thumbsup:

marathon_wheel_markings.JPG

Example: 4½J width 15 inch diameter offset 34 (ET34)

:thumbsup:

if i take of my wheel covers will i see the info there or do i have to take the wheel off?or is there anyway too find out the size by checking on the net for yaris tr 1.0 2009 specs?ive checked but couldnt find anything..thanks reece

You may have to take a wheel off and check to be sure. Unless its stamped on a steel wheel on the front, on an alloy I would think it would be hidden so as not to spoil the look of the alloy. If you do take it off then take a photo for future reference.

i contacted my mate at kwik fit last night whos gonna fit these next week and explained the stuff youd said reece i told him there 45 offset and they maybe 38 offset.he said they should be ok he said i would only have real problems if id fitted 16,17 inch wheels if id gone to that size then the wheels would rub or cause other problems but seeing there only 15 inch and theres a lot of clearance left it should be ok.

ill keep my fingers crossed and post pics once there fitted and if they do fit ok then i recommend others to buy them too they do look much better than in the pics and for the price there going for there a bit of a bargain :)

I’m not sure if they will rub (doubt it) but having a different offset to what the manufacturer has put on may give you trouble with premature wheel bearing failure. There are more knowledgeable people on here than me who will know more about wheels and sizes etc :thumbsup:

It doesnt matter what offset the steel wheel is, the alloy wheel offset will be different and will vary according to the width of the wheel. All I was pointing out was the alloy wheels you have bought, the same design and size fitted on the Yaris seems to have a 38 offset and on the Corolla a 45 offset. Higher offset means it sits further in the arch. Just make sure it doesnt foul / touch anything.

thanks nick my mate said hes gonna try one wheel first to make sure the fit ok and to touch or rub anything else if they fit ok and hes happy there safe and not cause any damage then he will fit the others.

How far is too far from the original offset will damage occur to the bodywork suspension and steering geometry as well as excess strain on wheel bolts or studs? You will also have less track unless you use a wider tyre.

Have you thought about calliper clearance as the wheel will be closer? You may have to consider wheel spacers :(

well guys theyve just been fitted and they look smart and they fit perfectlly .they took one wheel of to check were they offset 38 because someone said on here yaris 09 are offset 38 well they first took one steel wheel off and it said 45 on them !! they then contacted there main wheel dealer to check and they said yep yaris tr 09 offset 45 and i contacted Halfords and they too said yep offset 45..in fact they hadnt a clue were the offset 38 came from as there systems all say yaris tr 2009 offset 45.

his only explaination was the offset 38 alloys someone mentioned on here were just a slightly smaller offset designed wheel but the correct offset is 45 for yaris he said looking at a 35 --45 theres not really much difference anyway.

and they were amazed at the price i got them for as there dealer sells these for 350 pounds to them at cost price.

he showed me the pic in the dealers magazine and the ones i bought were the yaris wheels even same part number :)

i told him how they were advertised as corolla and he said toyota usually create alloys which will go on any of there cars so he said you gotta really good bargain there.then he went on eBay and bought a set himself to sell on.

ill take pics later and post on here so everyone can see them ive even got toyota metal wheel caps from a store on eBay they look very very nice now.

ok just nipped out and took a quick pic sorry qualitys not brilliant babys been messing with the menus lol..

SNV30998.jpg

SNV30997.jpg

SNV30996.jpg

i dont anyone will buy them will they?

your right mate they do look better ..in fact i think they look nicer than the alloys you get now..tyota should give you a choice of which alloys you want when you buy one instead of giving you ones you may not like.

Waxxy - did you have to change your wheel nuts for the alloy wheels?

I'd heard that the wheel nut seats were a different shape between Toyota alloy wheels and steel wheels.

I might have been given duff info, but worth checking as I wouldn't want them to work loose on you....

The nuts for alloy wheels have a flat face part that sits against the wheel. Steel wheel nuts are usually more cone shaped (but maybe Toyota do their steel wheels differently for interchangeability)....

the alloys came with there own nuts ..the alloys were all boxed up and in each box was the 4 nuts and the wheel caps..after they fitted them my mate boxed up the steel wheels bagged up there nuts and sealed the boxs back up after giving them a clean :)

the only thing i had to do before they finished fitting them was goto Halfords and buy locking nuts they were expensive but i was in a hurry thats when i asked them about the alloys on a yaris and they confirmed everything my mate had been told.

ive also got to buy another socket wrench the security unlocking nut uses a smaller socket than the socket in the yaris tool kit.

regular nuts will never fit the alloy coz they are just too big. if u want to know more, i have fitted R16 ET38(can do ET40 also) and 7 inch wide alloy rims + R16/205/55 tires. fits perfectly. just one thing then u have 4-5 passangers if the road is bad sometimes u can hear the sound tire touching the wing (lol i dont know that word in english). so if u drive with only 1-2 passangers there is no problem. thats for yaris 2006, not lowered, standart edition