Do Not Sell My Personal Information

J A E Information And Attendees

GIDDLEPIN

Having gone through all the posts in "Attendees" thread here is the list of attendees for this years JAE.

I will be PM'ing all those on here at some time to get confirmation but would appreciate if you see your name on the list or if you would like to be added please post here as confirmation :thumbsup:

As this thread is for information any none relevant posts will be deleted so please use the old thread for any chit chat ;)

list5copy.jpg

camping4.jpg

As you know the venue is here (Click pictures for information) WicksteedParklogo.gif and will run from Friday 11 September to Sunday 13 September

With things like:

* Lake

* Go-kart oval

* Fully stocked fishing lake

* Fairground

* Roller coaster

* 18 hole crazy golf

* Putting green

* Playground for younger children

It should turn out to be one of the better JAE venues ;)

There will be some inter club events such as:

* Five-a-side football

* Tug of War

* It’s a knockout competition

* Easing competition

* Karaoke

* Band

* Disco

* New and much bigger show n shine!

Although I must admit I haven't put any names in for our club as I think we might prefer to enjoy ourselves (unless there are any fools people interested in taking part? ;) )

Toyota Owners Club have booked a 50 car stand with two camping pitches as well as a marquee, although we will not be entering the best stand on the show (I think enjoyment beats bullship (sp) ;) ) we will have somewhere dry to get together if it rains and have our tents near to the ones we love (sorry Anne :rolleyes: ) THERE ARE 47 NAMES ON NOW WHICH I EXPECT WILL DROP DUE TO THOSE CHANGING THEIR MINDS OR HAVING OTHER COMMITMENTS SO MAKE SURE YOU CONFIRM ASAP ;)

As of yet I haven't received any information details or club stand passes from the JAE organisers but as soon as I do all those confirmed as attending will receive the necessary piece of paper to join us on our pitch :yes:

Hiring a BBQ will not be done nor will we be bringing the club BBQ due to the size and transportation difficulties. :( Two great minds however have come up with an alternative idea (mine and someone called Hou I think)

If we can get a few people to bring one of those portable BBQ's along we can throw stuff on to our hearts content and if needed fire up as many as necessary, I don't mean for everybody to bring one but names of those taking them would be apreciated ;)

I have one of these which cost about £30 I think bbql.jpg or one of these that Hou located, cheap and cheerful at £10 but MORE than adequate(Click pictures for information) :yes:bbqs.jpg

With regards to food it would be best for everyone to bring their own, I did arrange all the food one year and the only problem with this was wastage, we ended up throwing a great deal away at the end of the show. I will however supply the bacon and bread rolls for breakfast bacon butties on Saturday morning :thumbsup:

So:

On this thread all I need is confirmation of those attending and anyone who is willing to bring a BBQ along (we will need charcoal by the way ;) )

Edited by GIDDLEPIN

just confirming definitely me and the missus coming the whole weekend wont be there till 5pm ish friday, will bring coals but cant bring a bbq but quite happy put few quid in for 1? cheers john

Not sure about Friday yet but Saturday and Sunday yes.

Paul.

I am there for the Saturday only :yes:

I don't do camping so will return home to my own warm bed :yawn: :)

I will be down all weekend!

And when you have confirmation of numbers les I am still willing to sort out the tickets (set up a paypal tocjae09 account)

Another BBQ option is this http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.205-5856.aspx which is a portable one. The cooking surface is 35cm x 35cm and its £6.37. I thought 35 x 35 wasnt much until i got the ruler out and you can then fit a fair few sausages and burgers on it!

PLUS it takes up less space in the car (Think I will be going for one of these)plus should be able to double up as a small heater

Yep, Me and Karen are there Sat and Sun :)

I'll be bringing the MK4 Supra and she'll be bringing a MK3 Supra.

Lord Ed will be with us Sat and Sun. He'll be in a Jap car of some description, most likely a Mitsubishi GTO.

MIP will be in his Honda S2000, im pretty sure he'll do the whole weekend.

Alan21 will be in his Nissan 200SX and i think he'll be doing the whole weekend too.

:)

I am there for the Saturday only :yes:

I don't do camping so will return home to my own warm bed :yawn: :)

We'll be in one car (my MR2, will leave the other 3 at home..got more than enough Toyota's!!) and will be all day Saturday, not camping from early til as late as possible (I get to drink & Yves gets to drive home haha). If I remember correctly I bought a little BBQ for a tenner out of Asda last year, one of the proper metal ones with a grill/grid. It is dinky tho, but we will bring it and get some coal for it - got plenty of lighters if anyone wants some too.

We'll be there Saturday and Sunday maybe part of Friday too. No camping for us - we're in a local hotel with comfy beds and hot showers.

Now that this part of the forum has been pointed out to me I would like to register to, just for the day, no camping.

Are Aygo's and IQ's allowed on the karting track?

Regards

Andy

Regarding Support Vehicles-

All clubs that have booked thus far will be receiving later today an email with details of the Support Vehicle passes.

Support vehicle passes are only required for non-Japanese cars and are still subject to a ticket for every person wishing to come to JAE. In addition all passes will still be subject to scrutiny by the gate staff and we reserve the right not to admit a support vehicle (with a pass) if it does not fit the requirements. The requirements are that a support vehcile is used where club vehicles are unable to bring to the event equipment required for the club. Typically this would be an estate car or van. If a club feels the need to provide a support pass to a member who does not have a Japanese car this does not grant them admission (even with a ticket). In other words; by way of an example, if a member's car is off the road but the family's other car is a Ford Fiesta and he is the club's chairman; he still wont be allowed to bring his vehicle in.

Support vehicle passes will be sent to all club reps and any questions can be dealt with by PM or on this forum or by email. We expect clubs to manage the distribution of passes in the spirit for which this is intended. All support vehcile passes MUST BE COMPLETED before the vehicle is allowed in.

We reserve the right to refuse cars entry or to ask any car to leave at any time throughout the event.

For people in non-Japanese cars there is still ample parking and camping space and club members in non-Japanese cars will be encouraged to make use of these facilities.

Thanks for pointing this out Hou :thumbsup:

Brutal but fair to be honest, if the people on the gate see that it isn't an estate or something similar or that it isn't carrying club equipment, it will unfortunately be turned away even if a pass has been applied for :(

Edited by GIDDLEPIN

PLEASE BE AWARE THERE IS A GLASS AND BOTTLE POLICY ON THE SITE

It seems that car club members cant be trusted to handle glass responsibly so a "Glass policy" will be in place. I have been to several camp sites with club members and never had a problem or been requested not to have bottles etc, but as they seem to think we can't behave and will be glassing all in sight please observe the rules :rolleyes:

After the success last year we have decided to retain the policy on not allowing glass on to the site. Glass when broken is a menace and at a site where there are lots of children using the facilities both at our show and at other weekends means we cannot afford to allow glass on to site. In addition tyres aren't cheap and glass is prone to eating them as well !

Whilst we accept this may be inconvenient for some people we hope you understand the reasons why we are doing this and accept it is for very good reason. To confirm, drinking glasses wont be allowed nor will beer bottles and wine bottles. However spirit bottles will be allowed but these must be disposed of aproporiately. In addition no spirit bottles may left laying around on any club stand.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter and please pass this on to your club members.

Possible to add me to the list please Les? I intend to be there on the Saturday.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Possible to add me to the list please Les? I intend to be there on the Saturday.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Will do when I get home tomorrow, got a bit to sort out so it will be done then :thumbsup:

Karen bought a MK3 Supra last night so thats two on the list now :thumbsup:

Edit: -

I should also be down as a TOC Supporter btw :D

Due to my wife's belly dancing commitments we will now be coming up later on Saturday and staying overnight in a tent on the Saturday, so can we book a tent space GIDDLEPIN as well please?

Regards

Andy

I will be Sunday only. Gotta try to get the exhaust on the iQ in time now................ :driving:

Now hopeing to be there Friday to Sunday........................and driving a TOYOTA!............(M-B to be parked up at a seperate secure location ;) )

i'll be there on friday morning till sunday. i've camped here before its quite nice. should be a good weekend. its my first jae, is there anything I should bring along - obviously drink and food and temting stuff, but anything extra?

i'll be there on friday morning till sunday. i've camped here before its quite nice. should be a good weekend. its my first jae, is there anything I should bring along - obviously drink and food and temting stuff, but anything extra?

bbq if you have one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...oh and you will luv it B)

• 2 weeks later...

Should be there Friday night till Sunday. In the Hilux.

I'll be with Alan and Ed (I think Ed is now jap-car-less).

Unfortunately as Milly has work on Saturday we won't be up until the evening and just staying for one night, -which kinda defeats the point of JAE.

Save me a decent tent space!

All clubs that have booked thus far will be receiving later today an email with details of the Support Vehicle passes.

Typically this would be an estate car or van. If a club feels the need to provide a support pass to a member who does not have a Japanese car this does not grant them admission (even with a ticket).

We reserve the right to refuse cars entry or to ask any car to leave at any time throughout the event.

This is what winds me up, they did the same last year, dispite the fact that numbers were very low anyway...

If it wasn't for that I'd be there for the whole weekend... I assume ticket prices are the same anyway?