Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Induction Vs Pannel

easton140

hi everyone, ive got a celica 140 and was wondering if anyone has tested there celica power wise after fiting a pannel filter and induction. i have just taken my blitz sus induction kit off and fitted a standard air box with pipercross filter. ive found the piper pannel picks up quicker but i think the blitz has more a the top end revs. so was just wondering if anyone has done any testing between pannel vs induction

The problem with induction kits is that unless you can get good amounts of cool air into the cone/ filter, the heat soak from the engine is going to overrule any benefit. It may have better air intake but if that air is warm your more likely to loose power (does sound awesome though)

Although my celica has the standard panel induction, ive found on past cars that a performance panel filter improves throttle responce just as well as induction. In my opinion its £30 well spent rather than £150 for a full kit. Youre not really gonna gain much from either so id recommend the performance filter. if you want an 'induction roar' then a good alternative is to remove the butterfly valve. cheap and easy.

These are just my own personal experiences, other people may disagree. hope this helps.

The problem with induction kits is that unless you can get good amounts of cool air into the cone/ filter, the heat soak from the engine is going to overrule any benefit. It may have better air intake but if that air is warm your more likely to loose power (does sound awesome though)

Although my celica has the standard panel induction, ive found on past cars that a performance panel filter improves throttle responce just as well as induction. In my opinion its £30 well spent rather than £150 for a full kit. Youre not really gonna gain much from either so id recommend the performance filter. if you want an 'induction roar' then a good alternative is to remove the butterfly valve. cheap and easy.

These are just my own personal experiences, other people may disagree. hope this helps.

yeah the induction kit does sound the bees knees like.

induction kit is good but realy you need a cold air feed like a piper cross viver that way you get more cold air into the engine rather than warm, however if you want a cheap alternative put in a pannel filter and remove the butterfly valve its just as good. also a small tip is to put in super fuel like v power(100 ron) and that way it will give you a bit more power you can feel.

induction kit is good but realy you need a cold air feed like a piper cross viver that way you get more cold air into the engine rather than warm, however if you want a cheap alternative put in a pannel filter and remove the butterfly valve its just as good. also a small tip is to put in super fuel like v power(100 ron) and that way it will give you a bit more power you can feel.

wot do you mean by butterfly valve??

basically its in the airbox under the filter to help reduce induction noise by opening and closing afaik. something im goin to do very soon!

Yeah does any1 have any images on this butterfly valve because i to am not going the route of induction kit and just upgrading my panel filter but i do miss the roar !!!!!

Yeah does any1 have any images on this butterfly valve because i to am not going the route of induction kit and just upgrading my panel filter but i do miss the roar !!!!!

The butterfly or volume control valve is fitted in the airbox between your air filter & the airbox's air inlet, it's just slotted in & pulls out easily but make sure you plug up the rubber pipe that operates it or your car will run like crap. Image courtesy of hawker.

RKDE_85.jpg

Induction kits on Toyota's are a waste of time. The stock air boxes can always flow far more than the standard power output of the car.

A supra's airbox only restricts above 500bhp.....

Panel filter for the stock air box every time :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,cone filters offer better air intake because it has more surface area, but if you havent got a cold air feed and heatshield there will be alot of heat soak from the engine. My m8 had a 140celica and had a induction kit fitted and it felt hesitant and slower to respond. We now know why :) , its because the induction kit we had, had a bigger bore(circumference) pipework compared to stock. This then has less air pressure because of the bigger pipework the air mass picks this up and for some reason this causes a bogging effect before acceleration occured. We then modified the original airbox pipe so that we kept the original bore pipework, after we modified it it had no hesitation and a strong response over standard :).

So long story short lol if you get a induction kit mak sure the pipework is the same diameter :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links