Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Would A 1990 Turbo Clutch Fit A 1995?

wurboman

:wacko: Does anybody know whether a 1990 Mr2 turbo clutch fit a rev3 1995 turbo? I have found one at the right price but unsure whether it will fit :help::help:

Please help....

My clutch is slipping in high gears... Is it adjustable? :ffs:

Any idea where i could find out?

Im pretty sure they changed the:

The pressure of the cover of the clutch (increased to 775Kgf)

The diameter of the slave cylinder of the clutch grew, and the pedal operation lightened.

So maybe not :(

My clutch is slipping in high gears... Is it adjustable?

No...theres more stress on it in higher gears...that's why.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

They are different sizes I believe .. I had to send my chassis number to the bloke who got me my stage 3 ..

Yea the clutch is much heavier in rev1/2 mr2s. My rev4s clutch is as light as my pops carina must be totally different items.

technically it is illegal to swap any thing that is older than your vehicle into it no matter what and especially if you want to pass emissions in the states.

the law is that any part that you put on your car that powers the car must be the same year or newer than the birth date of your car

ex: b/d of car may 1995 all parts that power your car must be made newer than that

but there is one exception if your car is considered a classic, 25 years or older

Wurboman is from the UK so he can do what he like lol! Wurboman I think you can fit ST185 clutch onto the REV1/2(same gen3SGTE..im using the same logic that applies to rev3+ mr2s that can use the ST205 clutch). If im wrong bring out a hooj wet fish and slap me with it :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links