Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 5 St182

ST182

Evening all,

I've recently passed my test and bought my first car. My dad had an MR2 for ages and I always liked it, so because of that and the general reliability of Toyotas, I ended up with a black Celica 2.0 GTR ST182 (Hence the username). She's got the 3S-GE Engine and is manual transmission.

This is she;

st182.jpg

Now she needs some work, the clutch slips occasionally when changing quickly and at high revs, and also in reverse when slow. The rear brake discs need replacing once the pads have worn down, and the front pads need doing too (within the next 3-6 months).

I've not got any service history either so will look to do cam belt too, as she's got 150k on the clock and I am not sure if it was done at 120k, better safe than sorry I say! She also needs a bit of TLC on the bodywork to get rid of some rust bubbling on the door, and a scratch too.

I'm looking to keep her, and spend money doing her up so on top of the bits listed above, is there anything you'd recommend I do to her? What's good for this sort of model or where are the problems that need addressing? I learned about the initial high idle revving here and also about her thirst for oil too.

Does anyone have any recommendations about parts for the clutch/brakes/discs/cambelt etc and where to get them? What parts are going to be best for it but not break the bank? Do any of you have this model and if so, what oil do you use? What fluids here there any everywhere? Basically I'm looking for as much as you fellow owners are willing to share with me.

I'm going to sell it's WRX plate to a Subaru owner and have had it valued at £900, looking to get a GTR plate for myself.

Great place here, found loads out already but a bit of a novice when it comes to cars (computers a different story!) - so all help appreciated and may even result in a beer sometime as thanks.

Cheers!

No answers? Come on chaps and chappesses, I thought this one was a bit special?

From reading the forums there doesn't seem to be many Jap Import ST182 with 3S-GE engines on manual transmission!

I need your help to keep my baby special! Purleeeeeese.......

mines a jap import too and im also waiting on a topic for places for parts.

mines the next one after that though, its a gen6 jap import.

btw for insuring these did you try adrian flux? i found their import deal thing hundreds cheaper than the closest competitor. plus mention you're a member of pistonheads (sign up if not) for an extra 15% discount!!!!

btw i dont work for adrian flux lol

• 11 years later...

Hi ST182 

I've just recently joined this group and I'm curious to know if you still have st 182. 

I've had my ST182 since 1999 and had it restored last month and I'm so happy that I kept it. It brought back memories of why I enjoyed driving it then and now even more so. 

IMG_20210119_151521.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links