• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bibbs

• reece

• Karma Supra

• KPARRIS-JONES

But what will the public do about it?

Nothing.

The UK is full of saps who seem happy to lube up and take it hard from the government.

Oh well, another reason on my "get out of here" list.

Doesn't bother me, I'm loaded. I will continue to drive my 3 litre car on quieter roads when the poor people are getting the bus. Excellent.

:lol:

Paul.

Don't know where you get your information from. I live in Carlisle and bought diesel on Friday for 101.9p

Was that in Reading on Sunday .. 60 odd quid to fill up.

To be fair I really couldn't care less.

I need to drive, therefore I need fuel. I have to pay it, so that's it.

....this is the reason i got an aygo -- i'm expecting petrol to continue rising for the next few years and so i needed something thats gonna keep the costs of motoring at an affordable level.

....this is the reason i got an aygo -- i'm expecting petrol to continue rising for the next few years and so i needed something thats gonna keep the costs of motoring at an affordable level.

You are one of the smart people :thumbsup:

One of the reasons I am keeping my Yaris's consumption at 44mpg or higher now is the cost of fuel. I'm keeping my MR2 as my toy to put my foot down in and accelerate fast and my Yaris is my sensible economical car...370 miles to a tank from a 1.3 engine with 51K on the clock is fine for me ;)

But what will the public do about it?

Nothing.

The UK is full of saps who seem happy to lube up and take it hard from the government.....

....To be fair I really couldn't care less.

I think you replied to yourself there :lol: ;)

I think you replied to yourself there :lol: ;)

Give it 12 months and I'll not be UK public ;)

Don't know where you get your information from. I live in Carlisle and bought diesel on Friday for 101.9p

Was that in Reading on Sunday .. 60 odd quid to fill up.

To be fair I really couldn't care less.

It's easy enough for you to say that when you have the money to pay for it. Its like when people say 'money doesnt matter to me' well you'd be thinking differently if you didn't bloody have it! :huh:

When I get my car on the road and I'm a student who needs to get to collage, then I will be struggling wildly with prices like that!

Your statement was putting it far too bluntly and although I wish things were that simple, they just aren't.

It's easy enough for you to say that when you have the money to pay for it. Its like when people say 'money doesnt matter to me' well you'd be thinking differently if you didn't !Removed! have it! :huh:

When I get my car on the road and I'm a student who needs to get to collage, then I will be struggling wildly with prices like that!

Your statement was putting it far too bluntly and although I wish things were that simple, they just aren't.

True .. but when I was at college, I didn't have a car. I got the bus.

When I went to Uni for 4 years, I didn't have a car. I got the train.

When I could afford to buy, insure and run a car. I bought a car.

Cars are not necessities, they are a luxuary. Maybe those 70p iTune songs are all adding up. ;)

It's easy enough for you to say that when you have the money to pay for it. Its like when people say 'money doesnt matter to me' well you'd be thinking differently if you didn't bloody have it! :huh:

Wholeheartedly agree with that statement.... you can't complain about fuel prices/insurance/road tax being too expensive if you've gone out and bought a car you obviously cannot afford.

I bought an Aygo, because I don't care about making a statement with what I drive, I simply want something to get me from A to B. It does the job and it's cheap and reliable. At £1.20 a litre it'll be £40 to fill the tank which lasts me between 370-400 miles, £20 road tax next year and I pay less than £200 a year for insurance.... I should be the student! :D

At £1.20 a litre it'll be £40 to fill the tank which lasts me between 370-400 miles, £20 road tax next year and I pay less than £200 a year for insurance.... I should be the student! :D

A well off one :D

I give more second glances to the small economical cars than I do the big BMW’s Merc’s Audi’s etc. The smart money HAS to be on the Aygo/C1/107/iQ/new Yaris etc :thumbsup:

Aygo drivers are like City fans, let them have there moment, the truth is, given half a chance they would swap their car/club for a decent one!

I give more second glances to the small economical cars than I do the big BMW’s Merc’s Audi’s etc. The smart money HAS to be on the Aygo/C1/107/iQ/new Yaris etc :thumbsup:

That is one of the reasons I bought one of the "smaller" Mercedes (1.7 litre) Blue Efficiency model...................It is working out at around 44 - 45 MPG.................Some Yaris owners on here are not getting that good consumption ;)

Wholeheartedly agree with that statement.... you can't complain about fuel prices/insurance/road tax being too expensive if you've gone out and bought a car you obviously cannot afford.

I bought an Aygo, because I don't care about making a statement with what I drive, I simply want something to get me from A to B. It does the job and it's cheap and reliable. At £1.20 a litre it'll be £40 to fill the tank which lasts me between 370-400 miles, £20 road tax next year and I pay less than £200 a year for insurance.... I should be the student! :D

The thing is that when I got the the car, I could afford to run it, but now that the prices are going to go up, I wont be able to. So I can complain because I didnt' know that the prices would reach such a peak did I? :P :lol:

The thing is that when I got the the car, I could afford to run it, but now that the prices are going to go up, I wont be able to. So I can complain because I didnt' know that the prices would reach such a peak did I? :P :lol:

I hate to say it, but that's your youth.

When you get another 10 years of driving under your belt you'll realise it'll NEVER EVER get cheaper.

THIS is as good as it gets. It's all uphill on running costs and police enforcement, and downhill for quiet roads and sensible drivers.

Aygo drivers are like City fans,

:lol:

let them have there moment, the truth is, given half a chance they would swap their car/club for a decent one!

Ah, not really. I've had mine three years and after some light modding it has become very difficult to replace and still get the same fun B)

I may need another car at some point, but then I'll just have two cars :lol:

Paul.

Thats bad news for my Mum and brother, and my dads work car. my corolla just sip's petrol. :)

im also :censor: myself now :lol:

guess i will just keep the new project on the drive and only drive it when it goes to shows.

curse these crazy petrol prices :ffs:

...Is it worth the punt to buy 1000 litres of petrol now - and avoid the price hikes for a little while LOL

220 gallons * 60mpg = 13,186 miles at a fixed petrol price?

hmmm!

knowing my luck it would explode wiping my town off the map HA

Apart from the fact that petrol degrades over time!

I actually find it astonishingly hard to belive that no wonder chemist has come up with an entirely synthetic petrol replacement...

...Is it worth the punt to buy 1000 litres of petrol now - and avoid the price hikes for a little while LOL

hmmm!

knowing my luck it would explode wiping my town off the map HA

lol Sounds like a plan to me.

corolla_dude, did you get that Polo in the end?

Can't complain at 40mpg in my Roadster and if I drove in granny mode it would be a bit more, it also has an enormous boot space.............I call it an Aygo (soon to be an IQ2 ;) )