Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Petrol 'could Hit £1.20 A Litre By Christmas'

reece

I got 33 MPg on the way to Germany... plus I did it in one leg without fueling... Although I had to stop so the Aygo could!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bibbs

• reece

• Karma Supra

• KPARRIS-JONES

Meh...i had an Aygo......i sold it......economy and cheap motoring isnt everything.

I much prefer spending twice the money on fuel and driving the supra with the roof off thanks.

Even at £1.20 a litre.....as clarkson said its still incredibly cheap when you think about how they get the stuff out of the ground, refine it and deliver it to your home town...

hmm..

yes when you think of the process it has to go through to become petrol at the pump it is a long trip - however it is produced in huge quantity...and the majority of petrol price is VAT and DUTY tax.

I'm willing to pay up to £1 for a litre....but anymore i do begrudge it, but no other option at the moment.

I'm hoping my next car might be 100% electric and/or hydrogen

But i wonder what TAX will be slapped on that!

My first car was economical. But then it was also a French hatchback so fell apart over the year I had it.

Since then I've not bothered about economy.

The price of worse MPG, is what you have to pay for a choice of car.

I'd go mad if I had to drive some plastic FWD hatchback now, just to save £30 a week in petrol.

I drive a diesel, I get about 25mpg. And I'm happy with that. It then gives me a car I like.

I doubt my next car will be so frugal.

I get about 25mpg

I managed 30mpg in the supra a couple of weeks ago, my 3.0 petrol is more economical that your 3.0 diesel :lol: :P ;)

I get about 25mpg

I managed 30mph in the supra a couple of weeks ago, my 3.0 petrol is more economical that your 3.0 diesel :lol: :P ;)

I know you car is slow dude, but you should manage more than 30mph .. :rolleyes:

I always said JZA-80s were overated ;)

Ah ha! You spotted my deliberate mistake! :D *....goes off to edit his post and practise typing... ;)

Not good news :(

But good news if you are one of those smart people that have a petrol sipping Aygo or iQ B)

Or those, who have 1.33l 6-manual Yaris or Auris, which apparently have better petrol-saving running than 1.0l in iQ ;)

Not good news :(

But good news if you are one of those smart people that have a petrol sipping Aygo or iQ B)

Or those, who have 1.33l 6-manual Yaris or Auris, which apparently have better petrol-saving running than 1.0l in iQ ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Your all horribly wrong. The best idea is to do what I did.

Remove the engine and hook a hamster to the drive shafts! ;)

**** If you need fuel then fill up before Tuesday 1st September ****

There will be a 2p a litre rise on the 1st thanks to Alistair Darling :ffs:

Getting from A to B is more about MPG :thumbsup:

Getting from A to B is more about MPG :thumbsup:

Doing it either comfort or speed, or both. And in style ..

Filled up yesterday @ Euro1.17 per litre. Just standard juice at Texaco :P I'm not doing the maths, but I reckon it's less than £1.

Not many garages here, to my knowledge, have high Octane & if I find one the pump is usually not working :(

I took the back route to Harlow going through Ongar, on the other side of Brentwood and there was a petrol station that was charging 1.17 for diesel, it was a completely individual one so they were obviously wanting to get profit...felt that was excessive seeing as at the time (last Sunday) it was 102.9 approx for unleaded and diesel at Tesco! :o

Bugger I Forgot......

I have about 70 miles left.

Bugger I Forgot......

I have about 70 miles left.

Mine just started to blink with reserve. It says I have 4 miles left but I bet it's not that bad. Anyway, since I bought my Yaris, I filled it up once with £20 worth of petrol, and just now, almost after 200miles it started to being hungry and need to fill it up. The onbaord computer tells me I averaged 53MPG. Mostly driving on A roads with some traffic lights stops. I'd say nice result from my 4 little cylinders :)

But, the price increase would mean on £20 worth of petrol with £1.20, you'll get 2.2l less than by the price os £1.059. 2.2l I'd say, 30-40 miles less range?

I only evr fill up intill it's full, as opposed to putting a certain value in...

Over £70 now :(

I only evr fill up intill it's full, as opposed to putting a certain value in...

Over £70 now :(

I do the same.

Ouch! £70? Mamma mia.. what's the tank, 60-65L?

Its only a 60L tank, but if it's really empty and I brim it I can get more in.

Not as big as my old supra and Hilux!

Its only a 60L tank, but if it's really empty and I brim it I can get more in.

Not as big as my old supra and Hilux!

Thats what my grandad does, costs him £85 with his 2.2l Eco-tec Omega Estate! :(

:lol: Bibbs...

My old man's car can take 100l a fill! - although most petrol stations cut off before then....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links