Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla T-sport Owners

Nick-Johnson

Snert

Sorry for missing you out fella, regarding your noise from the boot could it be your spare wheel not fixed down properly just have a look under the boot mat! Might be worth a look!

Nick :thumbsup:

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nick-Johnson

• zornhead

• ROSS KELLY

• The Gooner

I have a RUNX RSI... think it's the same Thing.. S.A

Foxy,

Looks the same as the T-Sport to me, does it have the same 1.8 2g-zz engine with 192ps / BHP

Dilz,

Did you think the Springs made a big difference? When I had mine fitted I couldnt get over the difference in handling!

Just registered! I own a Black 2004 Corolla Sportivo (Australia) with 2ZZ-GE and 6 speed for 2 days with 300kms on the odometer and enjoying the 6000rpm magic already! However, i am hearing some soft noises from the gearbox though, like soft whining? I don't know but the engine and gearbox feels okay, but will ask the dealer on 1000km service. What are some common problems on the RUNX Rsi or T-Sport?

NA-Power,

Welcome to the forum buddy, well done for going for the T-Sport / Sportivo good choice :thumbsup: . I cant say I have heard any kind of noise from from my gear box but I havent had my car for the last month so I cant remember! :crybaby:

Nick

Just registered! I own a Black 2004 Corolla Sportivo (Australia) with 2ZZ-GE and 6 speed for 2 days with 300kms on the odometer and enjoying the 6000rpm magic already! However, i am hearing some soft noises from the gearbox though, like soft whining? I don't know but the engine and gearbox feels okay, but will ask the dealer on 1000km service. What are some common problems on the RUNX Rsi or T-Sport?

Not an expert but it might be worth taking the first 1000-2000 km steady. The manual mentions keeping it below 4000rpm and avoiding long journys at a constant speed for the first 1000-2000km.

Matt

Just registered!  I own a Black 2004 Corolla Sportivo (Australia) with 2ZZ-GE and 6 speed for 2 days with 300kms on the odometer and enjoying the 6000rpm magic already!  However, i am hearing some soft noises from the gearbox though, like soft whining?  I don't know but the engine and gearbox feels okay, but will ask the dealer on 1000km service.  What are some common problems on the RUNX Rsi or T-Sport?

Not an expert but it might be worth taking the first 1000-2000 km steady. The manual mentions keeping it below 4000rpm and avoiding long journys at a constant speed for the first 1000-2000km.

Matt

Matt,

Thanks for the advice man, but the manual here in Australia says the engine does not need an elaborate run-in but did recommend to take it easy for the first 2000kms. I haven't been racing the car or quick shifting it, just driving it "normally". But i actually begin hearing soft noises from day one. The first problem was caused by the transmission cables hitting against something in the engine bay (the exhaust i was told) resulting in a rattle at 2000-3000rpm. The mechanic said its a common problem and there probably would be a recall to fix it. He fixed it temporarily though by fastening the cables and lifting them away from the exhaust. However i am hearing some other noises from the transmission, some kind of soft whine at acceleration around 2000-4000rpm. Engine sounds wierd too with tapping noises at idle when it is warmed up. But could it be that i am just paranoid because i drove an Accord Euro for a while before purchasing this car. And this corolla is meant to be a performance car so i shouldn't expect it to be as quite as an accord or camry. Anyway, i am sure if it was any big problem the new car warranty will fix it.

I have a RUNX RSI... think it's the same Thing.. S.A

Foxy,

Looks the same as the T-Sport to me, does it have the same 1.8 2g-zz engine with 192ps / BHP

Hi .. Yes it does... 141kw ..6sp gearbox .. :thumbsup:

By the Way.... the VVTLI engines are Yamaha engines... if you look to the left of the block mine has a Yamaha stamp.apparently only on the VVTLI.. did any one else notice or hear of this... <_< <_<

By the Way.... the VVTLI engines are Yamaha engines... if you look to the left of the block mine has a Yamaha stamp.apparently only on the VVTLI.. did any one else notice or hear of this... <_< <_<

As far as I am aware it was a joint venture between both companies, I have the same stamp on the side of my engine!

Nick

Hi :thumbsup:

I'm new here. I'm looking for Twin (2x76+2x76) Silencer for my TS.

could you advice me something?

szad

Hi Szad

This kit should be avalible through through your Toyota and this Silencer should be what your looking for!

http://www.tte.de

thx, but they only have 2x76. I want 2x76 for each side :angry:

something like booster's:

cor9.jpg

I like the exhaust system, not sure about that handle on the back though! :lol:

Dont a own a CTS/Runx :crybaby: but thought you guys might like these pics....

Mvc-003f.jpg

Mvc-004f.jpg

Mvc-005f.jpg

Mvc-010f.jpg

Mvc-001f.jpg

Mvc-007f.jpg

I cant see any pics mate! :blink:

I like some parts of this kit, but most of it is a little over the top dont you think! :yes:

I was just very interested to know how many Corolla T-Sport owners are out there? I know there is not a huge amount of us and I was just wondering what the head count figure was.

If we all put our names down this could prove very useful as if anyone had a tricky question I reckon some one could answer it within the group. Post a reply and I shall add you to the list!

COROLLA T-SPORT OWNERS

01, Nick-Johnson

02, Divinity

03, Martenj76

04, PaulT

05, Samppa

06, Clive54uk

07, Zornhead

08, Tol10

09, GD Sport

10, Mircea ( On Its Way )

11, Chrisburley

12, Acidman

13, Antd4agze

14, Goldeneye243

15, Sly Si

16, IH2003

17, exon16m

18, Dragonsight

19, eavp

20, limrene

21, Durcan T Sport

22, gazz

23, Steve Danby

24, porky

25, T128

26, Alydee ( A Girl With A T-Sport :blink: )

27, phil3345

28, GregL

29, cwthomson

30, Bobba

31, lespaul66

32, Snert

33, leemond

34, dilzdogz

35, ? ? :unsure: ? ?

ROSSI K MINES A GREY ONE HAD IT ABOUT SIX MONTHS DONE A FEW

MODS GOES LIKE HELL KNOW

I was just very interested to know how many Corolla T-Sport owners are out there? I know there is not a huge amount of us and I was just wondering what the head count figure was.

If we all put our names down this could prove very useful as if anyone had a tricky question I reckon some one could answer it within the group. Post a reply and I shall add you to the list!

COROLLA T-SPORT OWNERS

01, Nick-Johnson

02, Divinity

03, Martenj76

04, PaulT

05, Samppa

06, Clive54uk

07, Zornhead

08, Tol10

09, GD Sport

10, Mircea ( On Its Way )

11, Chrisburley

12, Acidman

13, Antd4agze

14, Goldeneye243

15, Sly Si

16, IH2003

17, exon16m

18, Dragonsight

19, eavp

20, limrene

21, Durcan T Sport

22, gazz

23, Steve Danby

24, porky

25, T128

26, Alydee ( A Girl With A T-Sport :blink: )

27, phil3345

28, GregL

29, cwthomson

30, Bobba

31, lespaul66

32, Snert

33, leemond

34, dilzdogz

35, ? ? :unsure: ? ?

ROSSI K MINES A GREY ONE HAD IT ABOUT SIX MONTHS DONE A FEW

MODS GOES LIKE HELL KNOW

Hi Nick,

I see that you have Toyota Satellite Navigation as one of your mods - what exactly do you mean by this, was it installed from the factory, or did you install it yourself afterwards??

Chris

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links