Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Scrap Free Mots

crazyman50000

When I bought my Yaris from Mr T Wolverhampton, I was sold it with "free MOTs for life"

This was fine - I had my first MOT done for free. Phoned up today to book it in for another free one and they wanna charge me 40 quid

So I said "when I bought the car I was told free MOTs for life"

They say "due to a takeover, that offer's now expired, but we can do it for you for half price - £27"

What take over? Why wasn't I informed? Isn't this against the sale of goods act, as surely free MOTs for life should mean life - not one year!

This would have been an offer by the dealer, not Toyota (I cant remember a free MOT for life campaign from Toyota)

If the dealer has gone bust it would be difficult if not impossible to get this deal, as it is not the new dealers responsibility

Not what you want to hear but getting anything out of a company that no longer exists is impossible. Do you have anything in writing?

Kingo :thumbsup:

Nothing in writing, it was a verbal understanding :(

Checked all through the warranty, purchase agreements, receipts etc etc - no mention of anything to do with MOTs :angry:

Then I think you are out of luck, if you had something in writing then Toyota might have made a goodwill gesture, but without it I think you are going to have to bite the bullet and take up the half price offer or shop around

ALWAYS get any offer in writing

If it's not down in writing, you have no chance!

The mother in law bought a Civic a few yrs ago, and got a certificate with the car for free MOT's.

Honda have the decency to write down what they offer it seems. :rolleyes:

Honda have the decency to write down what they offer it seems. :rolleyes:

Toyota would too if they had made the offer! Looks like the dealer made this offer and went bust, probably one of the reasons they went bust too!

Hi crazyman50000

I bought a Rover 623gsi in 2000. The dealer offered free mots for life and gave me a credit card look-a-like with the details on. I dragged it out and played the card every year and they honoured it. Then a 'larger' group bought them out but kept the same trading name but in different premises a couple of miles away.

When I took the car for its mot for the first time after the take-over they declined. They said it was an offer by the previous dealership (which no longer exists). I said, "If you take over a company you take over its assets and liabilities, surely?" "Nope!" At the time I was extremely busy and unable to go elsewhere so I paid for the mot saying that I was doing so under protest and reserving the right to ask for a refund later. The car passed.

Meanwhile upon collecting the car, "But you are still trading under the original name" They wouldn't budge. I quizzed the Dealership Principal. He wouldn't budge. I then discovered that the mots were still being taken to the original workshop (where I bought the car from) for mots.

Convinced they were on dodgy ground I wrote to the parent company HQ, asked for a refund of the test fee, and told them that my solicitor asked me to get their refusal in writing, so I could take them to court! (I made up the solicitor bit). They responded by "We have decided that we can not honour the offer made by the previous company. However since you had not received prior warning we are prepared to refund your test fee on this occasion."

I decided not to persue it further so I can't say how successful you would be. I took my car elsewhere after that. The parent company have since gone bust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Toe-Knee

Will someone answer my T-Spirit voice-dialing question please, please?

Audi UK are doing free MOT's for privately owned Audis.

How about getting an Audi A2 Badge, sticking it on the boot and trying it on at you local Audi dealer...

:-)