Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Picking Your Reg Number

kerrie3000

i am hoping to pick up my Aygo on 1 sept, after a very long 12 week wait. when should i expect to hear from the dealer about choosing my registration number?

Most seem to just give you a reg and don't have a choice over it. or thats at least happened when i've bought cars.

James

Mine I got to choose from a list of about 15 but I then changed it any way 11 months later and got a personal plate :rolleyes:

New registrations are issued by the dealers using DVLA computer system..............it is purely random......although I understand thet you can refuse to accept any ONE "unsuitable" registration.

(According to my dealer)

Back in June a week before i was expecting delivery i got a phone call with 3 possible reg numbers and was told to pick what i wanted. Annoyingly they where all XXX 4111, 4112, 4113. Didnt really have much of a choice lol.

There is very little choice, if you make no preference, you will get what you are given. Most of our numbers issued recently are DG09*** The last three letters being randon, so not a lot of choice

Kingo :thumbsup:

Haven't been told I have a choice....get mine 4th Sept. Expecting it to be YX59*** BUT then changing it asap to my private number anyways :D (that is on my IQ2 !!!!!! I know I am a defector)

Hi Kerrie3000

I ordered two new cars at end of July for delivery 1 Sept. Yesterday (17 Aug) I rec'd call from the dealer's admin dept. to say chassis number has been received 'on the system' for one of the cars and inviting me to chose from three alternatives (the final three letters are all different). I chose, and told the insurance company immediately so that ins cert can be got to the dealer for car tax purposes.

The chassis number for the second car has not yet been received by the dealer but i'm informed that they check every day and I will get to chose one-from-three again.

Toe-Knee

When I bought my MR2 I got the choice of the last 3 random letters.. every option I tried to get wasn't available (trd, hks, jdm etc and both mine and the wifes initials) so I asked for any 3 letters that didn't spell a word, he told me what it was and asked me to organise insurance (only had 2 weeks to wait for the car), upon getting the insurance certificate through I took it to the dealer only to find out the reg number he said he got me wasn't available anymore as he was too slow in reserving it, so he contacted my insurance company and they sorted out a new certificate through the dealer for me.

So baisically as soon as I ordered my car I got the "choice" of reg number :lol:

I bought two new Toyotas in June.

The AYGO was registered from new with my private reg number and so has never had a 'year' related number. I just gave the dealer my 'certificate of entitlment' and they did all the work. With the Hilux I asked them if I could pick one of their DVLA allotted numbers and they gave me a list of about ten to choose from. I think the point is that you have to ask for the choice, it isn't just offered as a matter of course.

2009 [facelift] AYGO+ 5d

2009 [facelift] Hilux Hl3 3.0

Interesting discussion. We didn't get a choice with our Aygo. Don't think that it would have made much difference. part of the mystique of buying your new car IMHO!

dealer will be emailing me a list of choices today, i think it will just be the last 3 digits that will differ. still looking forward to it, 1 week and 6 days to go :D

///kinda wish i had known - maybe i could of picked on....but having said that i'm happy with the one i've been given, nothing "bad" about it haha

Glad you've got a choice. I asked and was given a dozen or so to chhose from. I could have had AU59SXY :o , but didn't have the bottle.

I never asked with my Yaris', so I never got

I had the choice for my Aygo and it is fairly personal to me, but no-one would get it by looking at it!