Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.0 D4d Fuel Filter

Adrian Mo

could anyone tell me where to find the fuel filter on a 2003 toyota corolla 2.0 d4d??

looked up a few sites and they are sayin the fuel filter in a corolla is in the fuel tank because it apparently should not need replaced lmao, never heard so much bull*****

the reason i ask is cause my car wont go over 75mph and you get a real lack of power at 3000rpm and it wont rev past 3 and a half - im thinkin a clogged fuel filter would do this - anyone with any ideas?

ive never changed the fuel filter and my car has 132k on the clock

please help - stressed lol

The petrols have the filter in the tank ;)

Have you checked the air filter as well? Your symptons could one of many issues.

Fuel filter should be changed every 60k according to MrT.

It just in front of the bulkhead on the passengers side - can't be more specific as I was only watching when my local indi changed it. Also I think there are different filters for our cars my indi ordered three in because they weren't sure which was the correct one.

Also your symptoms are some of the ones I've had recently - replaced the MAF and that seems to have cured it - might be worth bearing in mind if replacing the cheaper things doesn't help.

cheers for the help friends

i was thinking thats where it was because it is a kinda cylindrical shape!

ill get the fuel filter changed first then if that doesnt work ill change the MAF sensor

thanx

• 1 month later...

Hey Adrian,

We have a lot in common - i drive a 2003 d4d corolla with the same symptoms as you have described. I also live in Northern Ireland. The main difference is i've regularly changed my fuel filter and there's only 100k on my car. Did you ever get to the bottom of the problem. Would be good to know.

Cheers

I drive a 2002 D4D and this has happened me a few times. Its always in and around when its due a service. After a service its back to normal and as good as new.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links