Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Roof Trim

dl303

Hi

Newbie here. 2.5 years into Aygo ownership and with the Aygo fast approaching the end of it's warranty, time to sort those niggles... 22,000 miles....

Anyone seen this before? Its the plastic roof trim that runs the length of the car both sides joining the roof to the side panels (I presume).

On the drivers side it's lifted at the back.

We've not had any bike racks or anything on the car and it doesn't seem to be touched by the boot, so not sure wy it's curled up.

Am hoping someone has seen it so we have some help if we need to to get it fixed under warranty.

Great car, fun to drive, economical (obviously!), roomy (if you aren't in the back or need to use the boot!).

Photo attached...hopefully.

Thanks very much for your help

Dave

post-82220-1250613192_thumb.jpg

Two weeks ago I had to buy a new roof trim, somebody had taken it off my yaris. :(

It cost over £30 for a new one. I thought that it may have come off by itself, but they are held on with strong clips !!!

Maybe a thief was trying to get at the rear glass hinges? Very unusual defect...

I've got the same on my Aygo but on the front passengers side.

Never really thought about getting it replaced

James

Ta for the replies.

I've no reason to think it was vandalism or anything like that... It doesn't strike me as a part of the car you would look to damage.

Interesting to hear of at least one other similar.

I might take a walk around a few local stealers and see if I can find more.

I'll let you know how I get on with the warranty claim.

Anything else I should double check? I'll have a good read of this forum but a few pointers would be great.

Thanks

dave

I had the very same part replaced under warranty after my Aygo was one year old and in for its first service.

I noticed that on the drivers side, the black roof strip had lifted at the rear of the car, near where the hinge for the rear glass is located.

The 'Roof Drip' part and the 4 clips cost around £26 back in 2006, but were covered at that point under the 3 year warranty.

Hope this helps.

Only other points I had sorted before my warranty ran out was 'rusty wheel bolts' - I managed to get one set replaced as they had all gone rusty, although this was after 1 year and Toyota were being funny about it. The dealer took the hit on these for me and I left them to sort out reimbursement with Toyota. They have now all rusted again, so I'll probably follow the advice on other posts about getting stainless steel covers for them.

Also I had a problem with the drivers door pull/handle, which kept coming unclipped. They replaced the door trim at a massive cost of £147.00! They did this, but it still pops out and comes unclipped sometimes.

Also, wonky rear wiper - they replaced the cover assembly, but I noticed most Aygo's, 107's and C1's sit at an odd downward angle anyway!

• 5 months later...

Thought that was quite a common problem mines coming off already. Just the long list of stuff thats going to be sorted on the next service.

• 3 weeks later...

Myn is lifted up like urs to on my Passenger side but it has never bothered me so i didn't do anything about it i suppose you could try and stick it down with rubber glue if it makes you feel better :D

Mine is the same havent been able to stoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop to look at it yet tho

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links