Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica T Sport Remap

mrflory

Hey there!

Does anyone know what sort of gains I'll get from a remap on my 03 plate T Sport..? Also will it damage anything or cause wear..?

Thanks!!

Waste of time unless you have supporting mods unfortunately, as doubt you would gain anything more than 1bhp at the max. You'll need a good aftermarket exhaust system and manifold (prefferably without a Cat but if you want to stay legal use a sports cat). You'll need a good cold air feed to the factory air box (induction kit will allow hot air in).

If you then get it remapped (i dont know if the stock 2zz ecu is remappable, you may need a piggyback like an Apexi S-AFC) you'll notice a gain...but i doubt it'll be much ~ 5-10bhp?

With any mod you do upping he power will reduce the life of your engine. But its such a small up of the power... the 2ZZ is pretty strong nasp...i wouldnt worry in the slightest..

get a power fc......theres alot out there for tuning for celica owners just search. No point of remapping and chips. Buy the power fc plug and play and have it proffesionaly mapped

Is there any way of having the car remapped to make lift come on a couple of hundred rpm sooner and maybe extend the redline by a couple of hundred rpm also? I know that these engines were tested to much higher rpm so it shouldnt be too much of an issue reliability-wise.

My car doesnt have lift all of the time at the moment so i havent had much practice in gear changes, but it takes a lot more effort to keep it on the boil than in vtec cars i have driven. Not only would increasing the lift range make gear changes easier but i would imagine the peak figures would be improved slightly also.

Are there services like this available for these engines, and does anyone know a rough figure for them (both price and power)?

Cheers, James

• 4 months later...

As above, i own a 190 t sport and the lift at lower revs would be great :D

Any info

cheers, Iain

Piper Cams are one option, as would having a S/C installed. At least there is now one company who specialize in S/C installations for the Gen 7, namely Se7en Motorsport in Coventry.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links