Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Discs & Pads...

Raeman

Hi all, here's the dillema...

Basically i need new front brakes on my car and i need to know what sort of pads it has and the size of the discs please :)

Mine is a yr 2000 1.3 with ABS and has vented discs on it now.

I'm thinking that there's 3 different pads and 2 different disc sizes on the Yaris and i need to know (Pretty sharpish) the correct ones for my car.

Or has anyone put performance discs & pads on an SR and can give a rough price, where to buy?? ect... ;)

Cheers guys! :D

For a Jap built 1.3 with ABS, front discs and rear drums the front toyota orginal pads part number is: 04465-YZZCJ which are about £25 If you google that part number it will give you a picture of the pads and the size.

The EBC green stuff pads equivalent is part number DP21225 which are about £45. Dont go by EBC's make / model selector as it gives you the wrong pads.

Take off one wheel and measure

Brake disk diameter and disk thickness.

Pad width

Pad length.

Take a picture of the top of the pads with all the fixings.

That gives you enough information to choose replacements.

Note: DO NOT rely on non Toyota delaers to give you the correct parts. They cannot.

Toyota can from your registration .

(I speak from personal experience)

or take it off and take it to the shop so someone could advice. i had same experiance the guy sold me the item which never fit in my car. double check everything

Thanks for the replies! ;)

Now i know the discs are 235mm is that right?? and there's a few i can choose from, seen some Black Diamond ones from Demon Tweeks and then mate them with EBC greenstuff pads.

This will be around £129 for the discs and £40 for the pads.

I'll ring Toyota tommorow and see what the standards cost. If there's not much in it, i'll get the Black Diamond ones, they look better through the wheel. :lol:

Cheers all. :)

u dont need to change the whole disc if its not worn off yet, only pads, unless u want to put sports one :P

Wish it did just need pads!

Nah, the discs are shot now so all need changing! :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links