Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Problem After 1.0 L Service

rob virgo

I have just done oil and filters change on our 02 yaris 1.0.the eng check light came on before i even drove out of the garage.

I suspect i know whats wrong but want confirmation from others who may have had this issue please.

cheers

rob v

I have just done oil and filters change on our 02 yaris 1.0.the eng check light came on before i even drove out of the garage.

I suspect i know whats wrong but want confirmation from others who may have had this issue please.

cheers

rob v

What do you think is wrong then?

used a spurious oil filter,probally that.

just wanted confirmation but so many reads and no replys..... :(

i wouldn't have thought an oil filter issue would trigger the engine check light. There are no sensors for that sort of thing. Its usually an emissions or engine management related fault.

I'f all you've done is change the oil and filters, you must have knowcked something or not refitted the air filter properly.

The only time my light came on, it was a dirty MAF sensor in the air filter box - and that was a few weeks after a filter change not straight away.

I can only think you've caught or pulled some wiring when removing the oil filter or air filter casing... - such as the wiring for the maf sensor in the air filter box or the wiring for the oxygen sensor in the exhaust downpipe near the oil filter....

Try giving the MAF sensor a clean.

I did mine last week, used some carburettor spray. Did the job fine. :)

Rob - Wherabouts are you? I have a code reader you could use - but I'm in Lytham St Annes....

• 2 weeks later...

Try the mass airflow sensor very common problem on your type of vehicle. unless you took off the connector for the for the mass airflow sensor when changin the air filter.

• 2 weeks later...
Try the mass airflow sensor very common problem on your type of vehicle. unless you took off the connector for the for the mass airflow sensor when changin the air filter.

Sounds sensible and it is a common fault.

However never assume that just because it has gone wrong after an oil and filter change that that must have caused it because it could be just as likely a coincidence and something entirely unrelated.

If all else fails go to a Toyota dealer and pay for a full engine check . Will cost about £72 but could save a lot more in time and money if the problem is pinpointed straight away.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links