Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dashboard Creaking

PGC

I took the New Prius for a short test drive and loved it, placing an order that day. I am moving from an Avenisis which is a fantastic car. I placed my order that day and the sales team offered an extended drive when it suited me. I took them up on this offer and was alarmed at the amount of creaking from several areas on the dash. Had I noticed these earlier I would not have opted for this purchase.

Has anyone else experienced this or might this demo vehicle be a one off?. Should I expect the car to be rattle free as my four year old Avenisis?. Should I expect the dealer to rectify these if they arise? What do you think?

I took the New Prius for a short test drive and loved it, placing an order that day. I am moving from an Avenisis which is a fantastic car. I placed my order that day and the sales team offered an extended drive when it suited me. I took them up on this offer and was alarmed at the amount of creaking from several areas on the dash. Had I noticed these earlier I would not have opted for this purchase.

Has anyone else experienced this or might this demo vehicle be a one off?. Should I expect the car to be rattle free as my four year old Avenisis?. Should I expect the dealer to rectify these if they arise? What do you think?

my new t-spirit has some rattles, was going to ask the dealer to take a look when it goes in for its first service. I was disappointed that the car has some rattles already. I guess it has alot to do with being early days in the models life. Over time these issues will be resolved.

I had my heart set on the new Prius and have done so much research on it, unfortuantely after the test drive I was shocked at the number of creaks and rattles the car had.

The centre console part was really bad, then there were rattles at the base of the small window on the passenger side, rattles from the back and other ones which sounded like they were coming from behind the instruments. Over on Priuchat, some of the American guys are complaining of rattles and creaks too :(

Its becuase of the build quality and hard ride (the two most important things to me) that I have decided to keep my car and change when the new A3 Sportback comes out in 2011.

I hope you get your rattles sorted :)

I had my heart set on the new Prius and have done so much research on it, unfortuantely after the test drive I was shocked at the number of creaks and rattles the car had.

The centre console part was really bad, then there were rattles at the base of the small window on the passenger side, rattles from the back and other ones which sounded like they were coming from behind the instruments. Over on Priuchat, some of the American guys are complaining of rattles and creaks too :(

Its becuase of the build quality and hard ride (the two most important things to me) that I have decided to keep my car and change when the new A3 Sportback comes out in 2011.

In 2011 all the Prius's bugs will be fixed, while Audi will still be in beta stage. :lol:

In 2011 all the Prius's bugs will be fixed, while Audi will still be in beta stage. :lol:

Well I am pretty damn impressed with my beta stage build quality - no rattles after 2 1/2 years.

BTW my post wasn't a bash at Toyota, just observation, while your post sounds like it is at Audi

I am guessing that as the Prius is a fairly light-weight car for its size, that the engineers/designers must have had a pretty difficult job in trying to stop it creaking and rattling. I'm not making excusing, just wondering how difficult the job is, and also whether any design where reducing the weight is a goal will ever be able to achieve that sort of solid and rattle free feel that comes with a heavier car?

I can still remember thinking how feather light the Prius (Gen 2) felt on the test drive compared with my Honda Civic hatchback.

Anyway, it's good that you were able to discover the issue before you had bought the car. There's nothing worse than being stuck with a car that you hate, and can't wait to change.

Good Luck Stepppy :thumbsup: ;)

Good Luck Stepppy :thumbsup: ;)

Well my t-spirit is going into the dealer on thursday, will keep you posted it it comes back rattle free!!!

It was too late to back out!. I get the car today. I am hoping all will be rattle free. Will keep you posted.http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/style_images/1/folder_post_icons/icon8.gif

It was too late to back out!. I get the car today. I am hoping all will be rattle free. Will keep you posted.http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/style_images/1/folder_post_icons/icon8.gif

well 2 other people also got there t-spirts when my was delivered at my company and both are fine, looks like i had the friday afternoon built one! I cant compain its the only fault i can raise everything else is great!

I picked it up today. All sounds fine and I am delighted with the car. It is beautiful in black. The demonstrator must have been a friday model! .. only done 10 miles so fa .... off for a drive after dinner!! :yes:

my new t-spirit has some rattles, was going to ask the dealer to take a look when it goes in for its first service. I was disappointed that the car has some rattles already. I guess it has alot to do with being early days in the models life. Over time these issues will be resolved.

I haven't ordered one yet because I had the same experience with the Avensis in 2003. The dash rattle was terrible. By the time I got another one in 2007 there wasn't a rattle to be heard anywhere and there still isn't. So I'm sure that in the next batch from Japan there will be very few problems.

I picked it up today. All sounds fine and I am delighted with the car. It is beautiful in black. The demonstrator must have been a friday model! .. only done 10 miles so fa .... off for a drive after dinner!! :yes:

Well done! :thumbsup:

Well i have had my prius looked at today and all is well now no creaking at all. Excellent service from the dealer!

Well i have had my prius looked at today and all is well now no creaking at all. Excellent service from the dealer!

That's great news :thumbsup: