Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Switching Audible Seatbelt Warning Off On 107 C1 Aygo

rbeanz

HOW TO SWITCH THE AUDIBLE SEATBELT ALERT OFF ON 107 C1 AYGO...

1. When ignition is on, make sure the odometer is set to 'Odo' and not the trip-meter;

2. Turn ignition off and then on;

3. While ignition is on, press and hold the odometer button for 10 seconds;

4. Keeping the button pressed in, shut the seatbelt buckle and the lcd display should change to 'b-on' for beep on;

5. Use the button to toggle between 'b-on' or 'b-off';

6. Once set to preference, switch ignition off and job done - no more annoying beeps!

Note that this will only switch off the audible alert that sounds when you drive without the seatbelt fastened. The flashing red seatbelt light on the display cannot be switch off. B)

• Like 1

Just thought it was worth a more recent post as a colleaue of mine has just bought an Aygo and had a good look on the net for how to do this but couldn't fint it.

It's there for safety reasons, so I don't think its a good idea to switch off. Once you buckle up, it stops!

The flashing red seatbelt light on the display cannot be switch off. B)

Yes it can. Just unplug the cable from under the seat. When you swap the stock seats for aftermarket ones, you don't want to have to put a sensor in the seat belt buckle or harness.

Paul.

Wouldn't unplugging cause the light to be on all the time?

Wouldn't unplugging cause the light to be on all the time?

No, it doesn't do that. Which is helpful :thumbsup:

Paul.

very good, I think the red light is enough, but sadly this also turns off the headlight warning beep on my car. I'm a serial headlight leaver-on, so back on with the beep. :angry:

I dont understand why you would want it turned off. Its there for your safety.

Well, because it's really irritating, and because, sshhhh, I don't always choose to wear the seatbelt

When I arrive at work I have to show a pass and it is easier to have the belt off for this, then I get the beeps when slowly descending the ramps. It would be nice if you could adjust the speed that sets it off, say pop it up to 15mph or such.

Regards

Andy

Isn't that compulsary for the MOT?

Usually with the MOT if it is fitted it has to work. However, if you replace the seats then the sensor isn't fitted and therefore it should be ok.

The fact that there is an option to turn it off I guess suggests that it is ok without it even with the stock seats. You can turn off the passenger airbag and still pass an MOT.

Paul.

"It would be nice if you could adjust the speed that sets it off, say pop it up to 15mph or such"

Audi did this on the A3. The first one I had used to scream it's head off at about 5mph - a royal pain when manouvering. On the next version I had this had been increased to about 15 mph.

Between the versions they also removed the warning for the passenger seat. Also a good move as it used to activate if you put something on the seat and drove off.

Anyone who chooses to not wear a seatbelt is a numpty.

And before anyone moans about my lack of tact, I've got enough common sense, plus experience of being in a couple of serious accidents, to know that had I not been wearing one, I'd not be as pretty as I am!

Fair enough if you're in Pauls situation with aftermarket seats, but otherwise, there is little excuse to turn the beeper off. Clunk click every trip. It's really simple.

There are far too many numpties on the road, I hope those of you who choose to not wear one a. don't let your kids follow your example (I feel like slapping people who let their kids roll around in the back without being strapped in) and b. don't ever get into a serious accident.... because it hurts enough wearing a seatbelt, so I'd hate to think of the pain without wearing one.... let alone potential death etc etc.

Totally agree with Demonic Angel. The easiest way to silence the beeping sound is to wear your seatbelt!

And before anyone moans about my lack of tact, I've got enough common sense, plus experience of being in a couple of serious accidents, to know that had I not been wearing one, I'd not be as pretty as I am!

Fair enough if you're in Pauls situation with aftermarket seats, but otherwise, there is little excuse to turn the beeper off. Clunk click every trip. It's really simple.

There are far too many numpties on the road, I hope those of you who choose to not wear one a. don't let your kids follow your example (I feel like slapping people who let their kids roll around in the back without being strapped in) and b. don't ever get into a serious accident.... because it hurts enough wearing a seatbelt, so I'd hate to think of the pain without wearing one.... let alone potential death etc etc.

Thanks mum. I'll be sure to wear a cardigan when it's cold too .. :P :D

I think you will find that at car park speeds no adult will have any sort of serious injury by not wearing their seatbelt unless they are rammed front on at about 70 mph by someone else. If it was the case that slow moving was a problem then it would be illegal to reverse without it on. Also, only a few car makers put this into cars, mainly to being stopped from being sued by silly Americans. So really its down to weighing up the pro's and con's and the situation at that time rather than some person in Japan.

You can tell it is bunkum in the fact they selected a certain value to set it off. Why not higher or lower? Why not set it off when the the engine is turned on? Why do they even let you turn it off. It's the nanny state gone mad that's why and they have only done it for legal reasons.

Regards

Andy ( 500 000+ miles of driving using my own brain )

Having an audible warning gives a few marks towards the NCAP score.

In these days where NCAP rules the World not having the warning could be the difference between a 4* and a 5* mark.

I'm happy my X type has no audible warning whatsoever, or if it does someone has turned it off.

Having an audible warning gives a few marks towards the NCAP score.

Having an Airbag -warning decal on BOTH sides of the passenger visor even adds a point!

I don't have kids, and I find the best way of avoiding a serious accident is NOT to drive like a numpty. I've been driving nearly as long as you've been alive, and I'm still here, so save your insults for someone else, woman.

It's apt that this thread is being discussed almost exactly 50 years from the invention of the 3 point seatbelt.

Wearing a seatbelt can improve your chances of surviving a car accident by 60% at only 30mph. They've saved an estimated 60000 deaths since wearing them was made mandatory in 1983. D.O.T figures estimate that 565 people die on our roads every year when they're not wearing a seatbelt and about 300 of these could have survived if they had!

There's 2 types of numpties on the roads; those who don't wear a seatbelt despite the overwhelming evidence of their value and the numpties who drive like idiots and crash into the rest of us (whether we're wearing them or not).

Apologies if anyone finds the word numpty offensive, please feel free to substitute it with another suitable word :)

There's alot of opinionated people on this thread.

The simple fact of the matter is that some of us will want to switch off the beep, but still wear the seatbelts.

We don't all park on the road, some of us have driveways, personally I find the beep extremely annoying and will be switching off this feature. This does not mean I am a numpty or that I will drive around on public roads without a seatbelt. I simply don't want to listen to the beep when manouvering the car around on my property.

If I do accidentally drive into a wall or my house at 5mph and survive despite my life threatening injuries I will repost apologising for my foolhardy behaviour and reinstate the beep!

Grow up everybody and get off those high horses you may fall and hurt yourselves!

Regards, Neil

Tcho. no high horse, just prefer not to be judged. It's MY choice. I normally wear the !Removed! thing anyway just not always. This was a friendly discussion before that. Why don't we go back to that?