Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Please....previa,granvia Or Regius Which To Buy?

angelcake71

Hiya

I am wondering if you can help me please.I currently have a Toyota Townace..which has been an expensive nightmare but has been fine since we got it fixed..I now fancy a change...I have 6

kids, so need 8 seats,I was originally looking at the new shape Previa until I read about diesel turbo failures and em warning lights on the petrol version..so decided against that,but I still like the 1st

generation `egg shaped` Previa, I also like the look of the Granvia and the Regius, does anyone know if the diesel versions both have the same engine, which is also the same as a Landcruiser engine? and also how much is it to tax? and if the PETROL version of the GRANVIA/REGIUS are as good as the diesel? I understand about insurance and parts etc as we had the same problem with

our Townace...also where in South West England is the best place to go for one? definately would want a warantee after our last purchase!! really hope someone can help....much appreciated. x

We have sold over 250 Granvia and Regius in the last 4 years, 3.0 diesel, 2.7 petrol, petrol LPG, 2 and 4 wheel drive. Both of them are on a different planet when it comes to reliability and built quality and makes a Previa and old Townace look like a Renualt !

Many of what we sell now are petrol but its personal choice, all of them do 24/30 MPG, petrols are quieter, diesels better for towing but I have towed a 2 ton caravan with both no problem.

The Regius is more car looking and tend to be higher spec but some of the older dark green or silver Granvias are fully loaded. The Regius started in 1997 and some of them have things like twin swivel driver and passenger seats.

I have a demo Regius 2.7p with 147,000 miles and never given us any trouble and we also hire out Granvia petrol's in New Zealand and the UK again without trouble.

Try driving both before deciding, most dealers tend to stick to diesels but you might find a high spec petrol with less kms for less money. Always ask for copy of Japanese auction certificate, service history and a BIMTA certificate. If they say no walk away as there will be another one.

Also talk to the people on the new Granvia and Regius ownbers clubs. http://www.hiaceregius.co.uk and http://www.toyota-granvia.co.uk

Good luck.

David.

Wellhouse Leisure.

Hiya

I am wondering if you can help me please.I currently have a Toyota Townace..which has been an expensive nightmare but has been fine since we got it fixed..I now fancy a change...I have 6

kids, so need 8 seats,I was originally looking at the new shape Previa until I read about diesel turbo failures and em warning lights on the petrol version..so decided against that,but I still like the 1st

generation `egg shaped` Previa, I also like the look of the Granvia and the Regius, does anyone know if the diesel versions both have the same engine, which is also the same as a Landcruiser engine? and also how much is it to tax? and if the PETROL version of the GRANVIA/REGIUS are as good as the diesel? I understand about insurance and parts etc as we had the same problem with

our Townace...also where in South West England is the best place to go for one? definately would want a warantee after our last purchase!! really hope someone can help....much appreciated. x

post-40125-1251040356_thumb.jpg

post-40125-1251040424_thumb.jpg

post-40125-1251040484_thumb.jpg

post-40125-1251040501_thumb.jpg

post-40125-1251040524_thumb.jpg

Thankyou so much for your valuable and helpful advice..much appreciated..another thing is do the REGIUS and GRANVIA both have the same engine as the Landcruiserand is it just the Diesel engine that is bullet proof or it the petrol engine bullet proof as well?? cheers again...

The firt generation Petrol Previa is an immensely reliable car but is heavy on fuel being between 18-26mpg depending on how tuned and driven. Also they will tend to have more rust and les features than an import BUT insurance is cheap, parts plentiful and almost all garages will work on them.

The diesel Granvia/Regius use the landcrusier engine which is very tough but ha a belt driven fuel pump. I do not know about the petrol engine though.

The second generation Previa has issues sure, but show me one car that hasn't. I have been fixing cars for over 25 years and there is no such thing as a perfect car. However being able to walk into any autofactors and buy parts for your car is worth its weight in gold when you have an issue.

Best of luck.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links