Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T Sport Brakes

madhatter786

After some spirited driving last night the brakes on my t sport had overheated and when i needed them, they werent rly there. This scared the ***t out of me. I was just wondering if other Tsport owners had the same problem. And what they did about it/what they upgraded to

looking forward to ur replies

regards

• Like 1

The same has happened to me, i upgraded to blackdiamond discs and ferodo pads, and new mr t brakes on the rear.

The same has happened to me, i upgraded to blackdiamond discs and ferodo pads, and new mr t brakes on the rear.

Interesting. How much difference did it make? like, was it totally transformed or was it just a mild improvement?

Easiest way is to go for a mild upgrade of grooved discs,red stuff pads. If you can fork out the cash get rossini discs and ferodo pads and increase your stopping distance ;)

I wouldnt recommend the Blackdiamond discs.

I had a set of these with matched predator pads on my Mondeo and after 20k and 3 years the discs failed the MOT due to excessive corossion! Plus I didnt feel a big improvement over the OE Ford set up.

Sorry but I cant recommend anything for you as my wifes Corolla is a 1.4 so the OE set up is ok(just ordered EBC Ultimax pads for mot)

Having said that, some EBC uprated pads(green or red?) and some grooved and/or drilled discs should be better, BUT I cant recommend these as I havent tried them B)

Interesting. How much difference did it make? like, was it totally transformed or was it just a mild improvement?

I am very happy with them. I would say that the braking has massively improved, just make sure you allow them time to bed in properly.

i would recommend OEM discs and EBC pads. on a corolla the drilled certainly aren't worth it, they will crack. the grooves will shave the disc but again when i next come to change mine i'm going down that avenue.

I've tried black diamond and 3G, the disc has much less effect than the pad if any.

I had 3g discs and Brembo pads, as they did stop brake fade, but the brakes werent that good and had stupidly amounts of brakes dust and wen i braked hard, the car just judders a lot.

My car has OEM replacement discs and pads all-round, it bites hard and brakes in a very positive manner. I have NEVER had brake fade or judder.... or anything concerning. I do a lot of Drag racing (requires heavy ish braking after the finish line) and I do track days (again NEVER had any braking issues). My car is driven spiritedly all the time........ I really dont see how SO many CTS owners cant manage.

Maybe its poor driving ability?! ;)

*Awaits stressy comments about brakes :P*

My car has OEM replacement discs and pads all-round, it bites hard and brakes in a very positive manner. I have NEVER had brake fade or judder.... or anything concerning. I do a lot of Drag racing (requires heavy ish braking after the finish line) and I do track days (again NEVER had any braking issues). My car is driven spiritedly all the time........ I really dont see how SO many CTS owners cant manage.

Maybe its poor driving ability?! ;)

*Awaits stressy comments about brakes :P*

..........!Removed!!!!

;)

• 2 weeks later...

I was suffering from brake fade, kept the oem discs as plenty of life in them and changed to mintex pads, They have been on 2 weeks now and i would deffinatley reccomend them, the car stops a hell of a lot better, you still get brake fade but it probably takes twice as long now for it to happen.

I also agree with Ricc, i think the oem brakes are not bad, until they get hot, then they are terrible!

The CTS (PFL, not sure about FL) unlike a lot of other modern cars needs the brake pedal applied hard as it doesnt have electronic brake assist, its a proven fact that in a lot of accidents the Driver doesnt apply the brakes hard enough.

Our old CTS had Mintex already and they were an improvement on the original OE stuff, however the pedal still had to be applied with the same of force.

• Like 1

Riccs breaks were far better than ine. And I was running RedStuff pads and EBC Discs.

Ricc will agree that my breakes were garbage. I've just bought the same breaks as Ricc and will be fitting them tomorrow. When I drove his the other week my head nearly went through the windscreen. :lol:

• Like 1

Riccs breaks were far better than ine. And I was running RedStuff pads and EBC Discs.

Ricc will agree that my breakes were garbage. I've just bought the same breaks as Ricc and will be fitting them tomorrow. When I drove his the other week my head nearly went through the windscreen. :lol:

Two lads who work at the garage i take my car to hate green stuff and redstuff pads. They drive a evo and a supra and they both say they are garbage, they both swear by mintex, thats why they put mintex on mine! But thats just thier oppinion i have no experience of them.

I was suffering from brake fade, kept the oem discs as plenty of life in them and changed to mintex pads, They have been on 2 weeks now and i would deffinatley reccomend them, the car stops a hell of a lot better, you still get brake fade but it probably takes twice as long now for it to happen.

I also agree with Ricc, i think the oem brakes are not bad, until they get hot, then they are terrible!

But mines got hot so quickly i was shocked. My mate has an fto and we were running together, and his brakes were fine, mine were overheating after 15 minutes. alot of ppl are saying mintex is the way forward. interesting...

I installed the TTE CTS-C brake kit after i thought i will die on german highway with 200km/h and the brakes let me alone...

stock brake before

21032009004.th.jpg

after update

21032009003.th.jpg

The difference is amazing and i feel safe now. B)

Two lads who work at the garage i take my car to hate green stuff and redstuff pads. They drive a evo and a supra and they both say they are garbage, they both swear by mintex, thats why they put mintex on mine! But thats just thier oppinion i have no experience of them.

How did u find the mintex brakes compared to the originals? did u fit disks and pads, or pads alone?

How did u find the mintex brakes compared to the originals? did u fit disks and pads, or pads alone?

I rate them mate, i kept the orriginal discs, just put the mintex pads on and its a deffinate improvement, would probably be even better with better discs :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

hi

does anyone know if ebc do yellowstuff pads for the t sport.

i can only find redstuff.

ps. are ebc's ultimax disks any good?

I recently put in EBC redstuff pads and must say there not very good at all . From cold there worse than OEM and when hot there worse than OEM and plenty of dust too. OEM's are cheaper and better.

I have only heard good reviews about ferrodo pads? possibly try those. My friend with a celi is unhappy with his yellow stuff pads as it is. He goes there no better than the red stuff and he tracks his car.

just upgraded to mintex pads and discs and daymn there is one hell of an improvement and didnt cost all that either £180ish for discs and about £50ish for pads :thumbsup: