Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

From Depression To A Definate Smile

JustJJ

Well I know I only pop back here every so often, but I thought I would let you know what has been happening this week.

I took a week off work to spend some time with Mike and get Skye ready for JAE.

When we took off her side vent we found a small patch of rust which a screwdriver went through, and on further inspection around the wheel arch a load more rust dropped down and we ended up with about a 2 inch gap between the inner and outer arches :(

This continued down to the boot vents at the back... we found a hole in the boot (1 by 2 inches) and the other rear of the wheel arch to boot vent was rusted away too. *sigh...

So, after tears and consolation from peeps around me we looked into getting some welding done to try and get her to JAE (cause I wasnt happy driving her around like that and possibly making it worse etc - plus we had taken bumper etc off to take a look)

A few quotes later with many saying they wouldnt touch her we had quotes of £300+ Funds being tight at the moment we couldnt afford much more than that really.

So poor Skye will not be making it to JAE this year, she is being taken off the road to be properly fixed over time and turned into everything I wanted, but when funds properly allow.

So, 2 people with all camping gear in an MR2 (Mike's) not the best solution.

After a quick browse of eBay we found an MR2 that a guy down south had started breaking, it had just been resprayed and had no rust at all, we messaged the guy and settled on a price, he seemed like a really decent chap and we had a deal.

So after a post on the OC to try and get the parts we were missing (plus there will be some minor temporary cannibalisation from Skye) Mike and Paul (a very good friend from Warrington) will be picking the new MR2 up tomorrow.

With a trailor borrowed from another friend (Bryn) and Donna's (Paul's other half) Frontera 'Coco' will hopefully arrive home some time tomorrow.

She is a red rev1 turbo (yup.. I'll have boost!) and cost me £250!

I'll get some pics up when she arrives home, Skye will be fixed... but properly as she deserves, and Coco will get me to JAE :)

See you guys there :)

TTFN!

JJ

x

Hey hun!!

Can't believe Skye is so poorly sick right now - hope she's back up and running soon!

May or may not be at JAE, but if not hope Coco proves a worthy replacement! :thumbsup:

Thanks Em :)

Skye will be kept and done up properly... so Coco is only a stand in... but I'm sure we will grow to love her too :)

I'll deffo be popping over to see TOC at JAE so hope you can make it.. if not have a good time anyways!

Skye.... Coco.... are these really cars :eek::wacko: ;) :lol:

It is good to see that you are still attending JAE.... good luck with the new car :thumbsup:

Thanks hon,

Yup... they are cars! we have three MR2s now.. so its easier to refer to them with the names too ;)

Did a bit of poking around on mine and it might not make Jae....................Ran out of MOT :rolleyes:

Been a bit busy with Anne's new car, work, sorting JAE, breathing, etc, etc...... ;)

Looking good though JJ ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links