Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Xt5 Sat Nav/radio

akf

Hi,

I have an XT5 with OEM Sat Nav unit. Unfortynately the radio is not working in the sense that I do not hear anything even if I use an already stored station like Heart or Capital FM.

Is there any place that I can look? Is there a possibility of a missing connection?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I have an XT5 with OEM Sat Nav unit. Unfortynately the radio is not working in the sense that I do not hear anything even if I use an already stored station like Heart or Capital FM.

Is there any place that I can look? Is there a possibility of a missing connection?

Thanks in advance

Hi akf,

I've just read my sat nav / audio system manual and you should try pushing the TA button, which can mute your audio. page 178 push TA button and TP (traffic program) will appear on screen, and it will search for traffic station. push TA again and it will mute your audio. push TA once more and it clears TA And audio plays.

I hope this works

Jim.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I tried all that and still no joy. I have been told that the tuner in the radio is packed up and will cost 205 + vat to fix. Is there a place where I can source a replacement unit apart from the main dealers?

I have been told that the tuner in the radio is packed up and will cost 205 + vat to fix. Is there a place where I can source a replacement unit apart from the main dealers?

TBH, I would expect even a second hand unit to be more than £205. Fleabay or scrappers is the obvious answer.

Has somebody actually removed the unit from the vehicle and tested it? or even checked the antenna connection at the rear of the unit?

I assume there is no noise (with volume greater than 0 of course) if you tune off station, with the tune knob, to an unoccupied frequency?

I assume of course that the CD works OK?

I have been told that the tuner in the radio is packed up and will cost 205 + vat to fix. Is there a place where I can source a replacement unit apart from the main dealers?

TBH, I would expect even a second hand unit to be more than £205. Fleabay or scrappers is the obvious answer.

Has somebody actually removed the unit from the vehicle and tested it? or even checked the antenna connection at the rear of the unit?

I assume there is no noise (with volume greater than 0 of course) if you tune off station, with the tune knob, to an unoccupied frequency?

I assume of course that the CD works OK?

As shcm advised check the antenna and all connections at the rear of the unit.

For repair you could try this company, http//www.driveandview.com who modifies and repairs sat nav units

Assuming the antenna is disconnected, I expect to hear a buzzing noise of some sort. However, there is no sound at all.

The CD works ok though

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links