Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Underpowered St185 Gt4 And Dont Know Why

toyotas'r'us

hi there my import gt4 3s-gte is not as fast as it should be, when i got the car the head gaskit had gone so i replaced it and fitted a head gaskit set,new cambelt, spark plugs and leads. i have checked the timeing a number of times and now run out of ideas and money but if any one has any ideas that would be great thanks for reading dan

Have you checked for error codes mate?? Car maybe in limp mode if theres a stored code.

try disconnecting the Battery for 20 seconds or so, and try again. This will erase any stored error codes. And when you check the timing, are you remembering to bridge TE1 and E1 in the diagnostics port? This gives you the base timing value and it should be 10 degrees BTDC.

try disconnecting the battery for 20 seconds or so, and try again. This will erase any stored error codes. And when you check the timing, are you remembering to bridge TE1 and E1 in the diagnostics port? This gives you the base timing value and it should be 10 degrees BTDC.

thank you most apreciate your advice i will try that tomorow thanks dan

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links