Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ipod Integration

Auris180

Hello all

Im New to the owners club. Had a yaris T Sport before and now own a Auris T180 which i am well chuffed with. I Bought it one month ago. Its an 07 plate and only done 10,500 miles. Its fully speced up sat nav, reverse sensors, tinted windows and spoiler. The only thing which is missing is a ipod connector. Ive spoken to toyta today and they have said the integration kit is £175 or £256 fitted. Does anybody know how to take the dashboard apart to fit it myself or is it best going through a dealer? Also does anybody else use one with the sat nav unit? are all the track names displayed?

Help appreciated

cheers

Hello and welcome, I am glad that you're liking your car!

Please check out www.trc-tuning.com, choose Toyota -> Auris -> Interior (sorry couldn't get a straight link) and there you will see iPod cable for 79,95€. You will find instruction how to remove your player here, it's not original player but you will get the idea about how to remove the panels and screws, then just pull it out. After you're done just connect iPod cable behind the player and make a hole in sidewall of your glovebox. Make it so that the cable will come to the upper part of your higher (smaller one) glovebox where you have special small shelf to put your iPod to. Put everything back together and you're done. Cheap, fast, easy and fun! You can also send a PM to Parts King to get UK price with special discount!

Best regards, Alex

Hello and welcome, I am glad that you're liking your car!

Please check out www.trc-tuning.com, choose Toyota -> Auris -> Interior (sorry couldn't get a straight link) and there you will see iPod cable for 79,95€. You will find instruction how to remove your player here, it's not original player but you will get the idea about how to remove the panels and screws, then just pull it out. After you're done just connect iPod cable behind the player and make a hole in sidewall of your glovebox. Make it so that the cable will come to the upper part of your higher (smaller one) glovebox where you have special small shelf to put your iPod to. Put everything back together and you're done. Cheap, fast, easy and fun! You can also send a PM to Parts King to get UK price with special discount!

Best regards, Alex

Thanks alex ive PM The king and he has sorted me out a good price. The link of how to install it wont work as it takes me to the aurtalian site and i cant log in. There are other pics in that message board but some are missing so im still unclear how to do this. Any other ideas or can anybody explain how to take the dashboard apart.

thanks

Carl

Glad that you found a good price Carl, here is my own quick instruction how to remove the player. I did not notice that some pics were missing from that topic, sorry. They were there few days ago, but I should've checked the situation again before linking.

So first, remove the silver thin panels from both sides. I used thin knife, remember to be careful and put some cloth on the dash not to regret anything later ;)

Just lift the top side a bit and then start pulling, the panel will finally come off and everything will be fine.

removef.jpg

After that remove the top air vent grille just by pulling it up from both sides.

remove2.jpg

After removing the panels and vent grille you will see this. You will also see brackets which are holding your player and are attached to your car with two screws.

Unscrew those screws (two on both sides). Remember to unscrew only the ones using which the brackets are attached to your vehicle. It is easier that way than removing brackets from player.

screwsb.jpg

Finally you will end up seeing this.

dsc00439wg6.jpg

Then just check out where is the needed connection and plug the cable iPod cable in. After that do everything in reverse order to get your parts and bits back together!

Good luck and feel free to ask if you'll need some more help :thumbsup:

Best regards, Alex

Cheers alex thats awesome just what i was after. I should be fitiing this at the weekend when it arrives so ill keep you updated.

Thanks again

Carl