Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Additive

billsinc

Recently got 2 year service by a Toyota dealer. They recommended a fuel addive, better for car, improves mpg they say. Anyone have any knowledge of this?

Recently got 2 year service by a Toyota dealer. They recommended a fuel addive, better for car, improves mpg they say. Anyone have any knowledge of this?

hello mate

it looks strange they recomend an additives but did not call its name, or am i mistaken?

for diesel or for petrol? as per 1.8 you stated - it looks like petrol. What did they mean -- to increase an octane index or what?

sometimes some liquid additives give a bad result because they criate petrol plugs before injectors resulting when you start the engine -- the rpm are not stable and play unless a solid petrol flow is reached. you can see it on the rpm clock. As to additives for diesel --- these ones react with diesel moleculas after the diesel is preheated up to 50 C degrees ---yes it could be OK in case you have a settle tank in your garage with el preheater installed. The easiest and cheappest way is to select the best filling station with good a nd reliable fuel.

Cheers/Igor

I can recommend the millers range highly, my father owns a garage and he raves about it. I used the millers "diesel power sport 4" in my remapped ibiza TDi. it gets good reviews for the seat owners. I used to use Shell v-power diesel every 3rd tank full to keep it all clean and running brilliantly.

this is the stuff: millers diesel sport 4

whooops... sorry, just seen your 1.8 in your description, those are petrols arent they? sorry, i'm new here... ha ha

whooops... sorry, just seen your 1.8 in your description, those are petrols arent they? sorry, i'm new here... ha ha

Welcome to the forum Sir Nodrick :)

No matter with mistyped input -- the main point is that you are not free from this problem and tried to help.

That is OK - we are in the same boat here.

Good Luck/Igor

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links