Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whats The Biggest Paseo Alloy Wheel Size

dodgeviper101

what is the biggest alloy wheel size you can put on a toyota paseo without loosing full lock steering?? :eek:

you could probably stick 18s under the arches but by doing so, i would hazard a guess to say that you will seriously hamper the handling of the car by doing so...

you would probably be tram lining eveywhere on 18s, unless they do a 205 profile on em? i thought the smallest foot print would be 215s on 18 inchers?

18's if you shave the wheel arch

there was a pic of a paseo with 20's on but it was photoshopped - quite funny actually.

J

if i put 17's on my paseo would it be raised off the ground more and look like its on stilts?

yeh gd point. it will be + look slightly higher but the fact that it fills the arches more will balance this out.

next step after alloys is lowering springs or coilvers! I'll be getting Spax as people have recommended them as being the best.

- Best Ride!

- No rubbing!

Sorted! :thumbsup:

ive fitted 17s straight on without losing any steering lock.

Im gona drop it 40mm too that should be sorted and look the nuts.

Oli has fitted 18s and got hydro sus!! Looks the nuts when its fully dropped. But to do that you need to cut the arches!!

17's are pretty much the max, but one has to make sure one gets no wider than 7," as even with 16's one will rub the wells!

yeh check this site out:

http://www.grmotorsports.com/plustest.html

they tested out alloys from 15" to 17" with dunlops to see how it affects the car. if u cant be bothered to read it all basically stock (civic) 14s suck, 15s improve handling and keep acceleration, 16's and 17's had the same results! -greater improved handling but decreased accel'.

Conclusion:

- Get 15s for fast acceleration and comfortable ride

- Get 17s for handling, looks and best track times

- Get 16s for a comprimise but suggested to go for 15 or 17

OK here is the score, you can fit 17 inch alloys with a 205 tire and a 40 mm drop with out any mods, you can put 18 if they are 205 on with a 40 mm drop if you roll the arches which any good body shop will do for you for about £20 an arch and if you want 19's on then you will need some arch work to make them fit,

if you put 17's on with a 205, 40 tyre then you will have the same rolling circumference as you do with the standard wheels, there for your car will not be any higher from the ground, (this is be coz even though the wheel is bigger the tire is thinner) the same goes for 18's with 205, 35 tires

yeh gd point. it will be + look slightly higher but the fact that it fills the arches more will balance this out.

next step after alloys is lowering springs or coilvers! I'll be getting Spax as people have recommended them as being the best.

- Best Ride!

- No rubbing!

Sorted! :thumbsup:

Do Spax make a kit for the Paseo?

If they do it should fit the starlet right?

:thumbsup:

if you put 17's on with a 205, 40 tyre then you will have the same rolling circumference as you do with the standard wheels, there for your car will not be any higher from the ground, (this is be coz even though the wheel is bigger the tire is thinner) the same goes for 18's with 205, 35 tires

ah yeh good point. didnt think about that! :thumbsup:

205 40 17s actually have a bigger circumfernce than the stock 185 60 14, their is a link to a tyre size calculator somewhere

205 40 17s actually have a bigger circumfernce than the stock 185 60 14, their is a link to a tyre size calculator somewhere

i see you've kept to 15's...

this cause you wanted to keep a gd accel yeh?

there is a diffrence of 3.11% so its not really enough to put your instrements out