Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Premium Fuel For Yaris T-sport

Johan007

Presume at 105bhp premium fuel for Yaris t-sport would achieve negligible mpg and speed?

Though it does rev allot it may make use of it :huh:

Anyone experimented?

It does depend where in the world you are really, as you're in Aldershot, then normal unleaded (95 RON) is fine!

If it's an import from Japan, you should probably take Super/Premium, as they have their engine management setup to take higher RON rated fuel.

If you're in America, to quote the Simpsons: "She takes premium dude, PREMIUM!" As they have a lower RON rating on their fuel (if Memory serves, normal fuel can go as low as 85 RON over there).

Over here in NZ, I have a Jap import Vitz RS (which is the same as the Yaris T-Sport in everything but name) and I use premium, as it's 97 RON over here, and I use an additive (octane booster & injector cleaner) every 6000 KM's to keep the engine clean as it's an import and should be running on 100 RON.

Putting super unleaded into your t-sport wont kill it, if anything it will drive smoother and clean the injectors due to the additives used in some brands. You wont see an increase in speed it will feel more responsive though, treat it to half a tank next time. :thumbsup:

It does depend where in the world you are really, as you're in Aldershot, then normal unleaded (95 RON) is fine!

If it's an import from Japan, you should probably take Super/Premium, as they have their engine management setup to take higher RON rated fuel.

If you're in America, to quote the Simpsons: "She takes premium dude, PREMIUM!" As they have a lower RON rating on their fuel (if Memory serves, normal fuel can go as low as 85 RON over there).

Over here in NZ, I have a Jap import Vitz RS (which is the same as the Yaris T-Sport in everything but name)
and I use premium, as it's 97 RON over here, and I use an additive (octane booster & injector cleaner) every 6000 KM's to keep the engine clean as it's an import and should be running on 100 RON.

Dan, the T-Sports are a 1.5, why's your's a 1.3 like my sr and the cdx? :unsure:

Dan, the T-Sports are a 1.5, why's your's a 1.3 like my sr and the cdx? :unsure:

There are 2 versions of the Vitz RS in Japan, the 1.3 and the 1.5... I opted for the 1.3, as it has all the same trim as the 1.5, but all the economy of a 1.3 :D ... it's also been tuned to all the extremes you would expect of a Japanese tuner, so it goes like the 1.5 anyway :D

I get about 600km's to $40 of fuel... awesome :D ... considering my previous BMW (that was a complete shed, admitedly) was doing 200km's to $50 of fuel!!!

What about 2009 TR 1.33l? Will it in any way influence durability of catalyst and other parts due to higher exhaust temperature?