Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel

big taff

Hi Lads

Off to South of France on Friday and this Toyota is my 1st sparker in 10 years would you guys recomend using super plus unleaded or just use plain unleaded i know i wont see any performance increase but what about MPG or engine protection on a long trip cat is a 2004 1.8 vvti Avensis

I would use normal unleaded...although in some parts of france fuel quality can be a bit iffy...

When i drove spain last year...i gave the car an oil and filter change and fuelled it on normal fuels, got me there and back without a hickup!

:)

Good day! Yes, Absolutely no perfonce! I am using regular unleaded(85plus) in my Avensis 1.8 petrol.

I used super Unlead and even try additive and My MPG is 6.9L to 7.6L/100km max with air or with out, with load or with out. Very small different so I choose cheap fuel, But at prestige Gas Station(Statoil In Latvia)

Good Luck Harry

The Avensis is set up to run on Regular unleaded 95RON. Super Unleaded, 98/99RON, is certainly not required and of course will simply cost more.

If you visit anywhere that sells rubbish fuel at less than 95RON then take a couple of bottles of octane booster.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Since you've got a 1.8 VVTi and traveling a fairly long distance i'd take some spare oil with you just incase.

Thanks guys will stick to the reg unleaded try to keep to Bp or Shell if poss with the comment about oil i have done 5k in the car since i have had it and the oil is always spot on my mates celica 1.8 uses more oil than petrol will keep you informed on the car performance a found trip of 2k plus running around millage should be interesting done the same trip last year in a vw ?Golf gti tdi :mellow:

my car normally uses no oil - even when towing - but i found when towing a caravan to spain in 35C heat doing 450 ish miles a day it did burn a bit of oil - i took 2 litres of spare oil just incase...good job too because to find the exact spec in spain wouldnt be easy, needed to be VW spec 501.2 or something

Thanks guys will stick to the reg unleaded try to keep to Bp or Shell if poss with the comment about oil i have done 5k in the car since i have had it and the oil is always spot on my mates celica 1.8 uses more oil than petrol will keep you informed on the car performance a found trip of 2k plus running around millage should be interesting done the same trip last year in a vw ?Golf gti tdi :mellow:

in ireland Shell is called topaz not sure if europe is the same. just letting you know

dave

my car normally uses no oil - even when towing - but i found when towing a caravan to spain in 35C heat doing 450 ish miles a day it did burn a bit of oil - i took 2 litres of spare oil just incase...good job too because to find the exact spec in spain wouldnt be easy, needed to be VW spec 501.2 or something

Is the oil burning issue common in the 1.8 petrol engine?

I have owned mine for 18 months, travelled 22,000 miles, had it serviced twice and never had to top up the oil at all.

Gary

Well just got down to the South of France car has done 1500 miles and not a drop of oil used the motor never put a foot wrong the only criticism is that i wish i went for a bigger unit car struggles on the hills but apart from that well happy :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links