Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Hatch On Aygo

johnhrh

Hi to all, Raining as usual yesterday, First time I had the new car out in the rain and found water running onto my back parcel shelf when putting shopping into boot. I have seen on the site, that this is a problem often referred to.

Has anyone come up with a work around to at least cut down on the amount of water running into the car? I was wondering if I put a run of chrome trim along the top edge between the Hinges if that would reduce it. The trim can be bought in a roll and sticks onto the surface of the glass, its about 7mm wide, other sizes are available.

i just wondered if anyone had actually tried this method or other methods, I would like to here of any methods tried in the past. My only worry is that over time it could damage the interior of the car.

regards

johnhrh

My solution......Not the most convenient......

Keep a squeegee in the car and wipe all the water off before opening the hatch.

I must admit, it's one of the Aygo's worst features.

Never mind, it doesn't rain often :D

Ian.

Hi Thanks for replies, Thought about wiping glass first with a wash leather kept in boot, but was looking for a more convenient solution, I'm not holding my breath though.

Was hoping someone had come up with better idea, I certainly think Toyota need to look into what I would call a design defect.

regards

johnhrh

Hi Thanks for replies, Thought about wiping glass first with a wash leather kept in boot, but was looking for a more convenient solution, I'm not holding my breath though.

Was hoping someone had come up with better idea, I certainly think Toyota need to look into what I would call a design defect.

regards

johnhrh

lol, if you keep the leather in the boot, that might not work! :D

Try using a "SUPER-GRADE" of glass cleaner, designed to make the rain "bead" and fall off. There are several brands, including the established "RAIN-X".

My solution......Not the most convenient......

Keep a squeegee in the car and wipe all the water off before opening the hatch.

I must admit, it's one of the Aygo's worst features.

Never mind, it doesn't rain often :D

Ian.

I agree - I have to use the boot several times every working day.

It's a pain in the neck after rain and moreso during rain. :angry:

I always carry a squeegee in the footwell. Poundland do a fold up one.

They also do chammy leathers - I keep both in a carrier bag to cut out any

condensation inside the car.

The glass boot door needs some sort of eyebrow - DO IT MR TOYOTA.

I've got a squeege too.

Maybe Mr T should include one along with the car as standard as it seems popular :D

I took the advice of the above and have now a Wash Leather in the boot, I also bought a bottle of the liquid that when coated on the glass is supposed to get excess water to run off.

I will see over the coming months what happens and will post back to give my opinion

regards

johnhrh

• 3 weeks later...

hi To all, thought I'd post back, I have since added to the tailgate a chrome edging to the top and bottom, i used the product 3M produces, along with this and the Rain off added to the glass, I have found the problem of water ingress when opening the tailgate after it has been raining much improved.

I noticed in one of the brochures that Toyota supply this chrome trim, but I got mine from Halfords, it was 7mm wide and came in a pack 3meters long.

regarads

johnhrh

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links