Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rolling Road Preparation

Demo_202

Got a rolling road day with mates in a few weekends time, and I obviously want the car to get the best results.

Got the typhoon waiting to go on, what fuel should I stick in the day before? (Im normally on the plain old stuff)

Anything else?

Cheers

Tesco 99, re-set the ECU, drive it hard to the dyno and over inflate the tyres.

Also check that your brakes are not pulling. - Forget that, it's a FWD and it's usually the hand brake that can snag.

carry out a service if you have time, and then run the car in a bit before so give it a good few miles with a new service. Check your spark plugs etc. Clean air filter. Bolt you typhoon in and make sure your lift bolts arent on there way out. Other then that you should be fine.

Go in with V-Power.....and try to let the car cool down between the runs as heatsoak is your enemy with the typhoon.

can I just add to what bibbs said about resetting the ecu...

top quality fuel is a must but resetting the ECU can take up to 200 miles of sprinted driving to fully adjust to the best settings. Still doesnt hurt but to be honest you would get a more realistic reading just taking it in as it is.

Run high octane fuel for a few tanks prior and drive hard. lots of liftage!

As said, make sure your tyres are inflated, go for about 34-36psi.

mine made 9bhp more without stock filter in airbox than it did standard... bear that in mind... perhaps the operator wouldnt object to a comparison role with no filter to see just how restrictive yours is?

if its stock other than filter I would expect 185-195bhp crank, 155-160whp would be a reasonably strong result on a pretty standard engine :)

Have you ever been on a rolling road before? If not please video your face as they do the first run... everyone gets such a shock! my mate genuinely believed his nissan 200sx was going to explode :D

Tesco 99 IMHO is as good as Vpower. I ran my 14.7 at Satna Pod on Tesco 99 ron.

The ECU reset does work, ive used it myself, If my brother borrows my car i have to do it, as he never uses lift it settles into economy mode. a quick pull out of the fuse or discon of the Battery sorts it out a treat.

Switching from normal to tesco 99 was the best perfromace change i have done the diffrence was quite staggering my mates car who on a straight could just keep up when i was running 95 now i clearly pull away from him and the mpg is better too.

full service before a RR wont hurt.

id like you if you can please, to do a run with your stock filter then put your typhoon on a see what the difference is ;)

thanks

Joel

• 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links