Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Second Hand Iq For 14,995?

johnan

Just noticed an iQ2 for sale, second hand, in my local dealers for £14995, without leather seats.

Surely that is a bit inflated?

This is the website, look in the "used cars" section:

http://westerndunfermline.toyota.co.uk/cgi...p;id=D_homepage

How about an iQ2 brand new on a 59 plate with metallic paint sat nav and full leather for £12,635?

Look in the "NEW car" section :thumbsup:

How about an iQ2 brand new on a 59 plate with metallic paint sat nav and full leather for £12,635?

Look in the "NEW car" section :thumbsup:

The second hand one's price is obviously a mistake, but equally obviously a deliberate one for some reason known only to themselves and for us to speculate about, when we have nothing better to do...

Not necessarily, I often see second cars on the Toyota web site with a few thousand miles on the clock costing more than a brand new one!

Crazy! There must be a reason.

Crazy! There must be a reason.

That's what I mean by "deliberate" mistake.

They have put that inflated price in on purpose, and I can only think of a monthly balance sheet/creative accounting type of scenario that could be the reason behind it, but I am open to better ideas.

Imagine the smug smirk on the face of Mr Salesman if someone comes in and actually wants to buy it at that price...and the laughter in the staff room afterwards would probably be like the metal aliens in the "Smash, mashed potato "advert of many years ago!

If someone is foolish enough to part with £15k for a second car when a new one is a few thousand cheaper, they deserve to lose their money :D

It helps offset the scrapage scheme (£1000 dealer ) and gives you a nice discount after a haggle.(10% off (£1500)Making it £2500 needing to be overpriced. You also get to buy used so better for the environment as no more carbon created in production. Also you get to "drive away today" that makes it worth it! And its supply and demand so have you aover a barrel. Oh and they will say they have included full years tax disc in the window! Have i sold it to you yet? Now wheres my commsion.... ;) I bet when they took it in part ex they gave about £8k for it as well saying oh, not much deamd for these, people keep part exing them in!

Some people call this sinicism, i call it being realistic...

It helps offset the scrapage scheme (£1000 dealer ) and gives you a nice discount after a haggle.(10% off (£1500)Making it £2500 needing to be overpriced. You also get to buy used so better for the environment as no more carbon created in production. Also you get to "drive away today" that makes it worth it! And its supply and demand so have you aover a barrel. Oh and they will say they have included full years tax disc in the window! Have i sold it to you yet? Now wheres my commsion.... ;) I bet when they took it in part ex they gave about £8k for it as well saying oh, not much deamd for these, people keep part exing them in!

Some people call this sinicism, i call it being realistic...

there are 20 or so for sale with parkers at local dealers prices start at 9799 all the way up to 13000 so yes it must be a mistake. As someone said if they do pay full price for it then it will be a laugh at the dealers.

Also, if you zoom in on the interior photo, it does have leather, but its filthy inside. :rolleyes::thumbsup:

When I put my original post up, there were no pictures of the car on the site and they just said "cloth interior" (whatever that is) so I presumed leather seats were not fitted.Sat. nav wasn't mentioned either.

Still too much, but I would like mine to be worth that!

THese are not the pics of the car they sell... it's an IQ3.

What a hopelessly inaccurate advert to sell a car..either the description is wrong, the spec given is wrong, the pictures are wrong and/or the price is wrong.

Or a combination of those.

And they cover their lack of professionalism by the small print at the bottom saying they take care with the information they provide, but errors may occur.

Too right they do!

Pity they are the only MrT for quite a distance, so I am kinda stuck with them.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links