Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iphone - Yaris

Mark Smith

I actually provide technical support on the iPhone for people (amongst other things), so; to try and answer your question:

If it's the whole unit (i.e. just a charging point where you plug your iPod in and it outputs to the stereo), there is about a 90% chance that it WON'T work, you would have to check the guide that comes with the car stereo for a compatibility list, but I know so many people have been having issues with the iPhone when they put it in their car, and they tell me that their G2 iPod Touch worked fine!

If it's the 3.5mm jack point, go for your life... if you can plug it in, and it's 3.5mm input to the stereo, there's a 100% chance it will work! It can be a sony product, the new Nokia 5800, heck, if it has a 3.5mm output, you can plug it into a stereo :D

I actually had the old JVC connector unit in one of my old cars, went from a classic to a touch, and even that didn't work, as the touch hadn't been invented at that time, so obviously wasn't supported by JVC at that point, so if in doubt the best thing you can do is see if you can test it with a friends iPhone! Pref. the same variation that you're getting, as there's every chance a 2G phone might work, then you buy a 3Gs and it doesn't, as the points may well be different in the devices.

Oh, and; to save myself a phone call... when the iPhone freezes (and it will... it's a smart device... they all crash eventually!) hold down the sleep key on the top, and the home key on the front until the silver Apple appears, then you can let go... voila! Phone works again!!

Also, if you have network issues (and you might... it happens with the iPhone from time to time ... depends very much what GSM band your carrier uses and where in the world you are) ... goto; settings > general > Reset > Reset Network Settings, and that's another easy one solved :D

Hope this helps :)

Dan

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links