Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T Sport Did Me Very Proud

Mr_T_Sport

A new lad at work as a 08 plate focus ST and he kept banging on about how nothing can keep up with him! I said i bet my car wouldnt be that far behind his and as usual he knew nothing about the T Sport and coffidently said he would leave me behind. Anyway after a lot of banter, (mainly by him saying how mad i was for thinking that a 1.8 corolla with a poncy sports cam ;) ;) could nearly keep up with a 2.5 turbo), our gaffa said we could have a race down the yard! Its a really big plot of land and its quite empty at the mo so there is loads of room. Anyway from the off he got about a quater of a car length in front of me and it stayed like that until we had to brake at about 98 mph, was well pleased didnt expect that at all :thumbsup: , had another run exactly the same! He was gobsmacked as were most of the other lads and he is convinced i have done something to it, but its stock apart from the blitz panel filter! He looked gutted :crybaby: Me being soft i felt sorry for him and suggested a rolling start from 20 in second gear, i knew i would get whooped but i was interested to see anyway! Sure enough he pulled away to quite a big lead and obviously the extra torque and excellent handling is what makes the ST a more desirable car, but still from a standing start the T Sport does very well.

Does any one know if the ST suffers from bad turbo lag?

I also ran with a full tank of petrol a childs car seat and when i got home i also found out that my missus had put the pushchair in the boot the night before so i could of realisticaly run 90kg lighter which would of maybe made a difference.

The Volvo engines pull from very low down and have little lag so if your off lift it will be over quickly, the characteristics of a 2.5 5cyl also help. Whilst the CTS is down on power its weight advantage (150kgs ish) helps bring things closer.

Lovely car the ST, shame its made by Ford and you have to use the ******* dealers.

The Volvo engines pull from very low down and have little lag so if your off lift it will be over quickly, the characteristics of a 2.5 5cyl also help. Whilst the CTS is down on power its weight advantage (150kgs ish) helps bring things closer.

Lovely car the ST, shame its made by Ford and you have to use the *****e dealers.

Yes the ST left me for dead from the rolling start at 20mph in second gear, made the new guy a bit happier but he still couldnt believe i kept with him from a standing start

Im a fan of punishing supposidly faster cars........

http://www.rwyb.co.uk/cc_results2009.php

If you look at the table, my T Sport ran a 14.77 so will sit 85th when they update the league..... faster than Golf GTI 30's, ST's, Corsa VXR, Leons etc etc.

Standing starts are where the car can shine, it gets off the line well.

Im a fan of punishing supposidly faster cars........

http://www.rwyb.co.uk/cc_results2009.php

If you look at the table, my T Sport ran a 14.77 so will sit 85th when they update the league..... faster than Golf GTI 30's, ST's, Corsa VXR, Leons etc etc.

Standing starts are where the car can shine, it gets off the line well.

I wonder if the other cars have backseats and spare wheels :lol: :P ;)

In that league table? very unlikely. Its for regular RWYB go'ers, and the majority of whom do remove interior items.

i was recently very surpirsed by what my cts could do. was the other day at the lights, and the new shape ctr came along side me. I couldnt resist it. My gf was in the car and we set of at pretty much at the same time, he also had a passenger, we were completely level in 1st, but towards the end f 2nd gear i was out accelerating him slightly inching infornt and carried on until 7500 revs in 3rd gear and the front of his bonnet was level with my passener wing mirror. i was very surprised. i know its not scientific,but this is a car quoted as 6.4 0-60. I did only have a quarter of a tank of fuel and was running bp ultimate. Top gear did recently suggest that the new ctr is slightly slower accelerating than the old one so id like a go with one of those. I'd love to know what the actual 0-60 is of a corolla t sport. Driven also a few years back shown it was quicker 0-40mph than a civic type r and clio 182.

i was recently very surpirsed by what my cts could do. was the other day at the lights, and the new shape ctr came along side me. I couldnt resist it. My gf was in the car and we set of at pretty much at the same time, he also had a passenger, we were completely level in 1st, but towards the end f 2nd gear i was out accelerating him slightly inching infornt and carried on until 7500 revs in 3rd gear and the front of his bonnet was level with my passener wing mirror. i was very surprised. i know its not scientific,but this is a car quoted as 6.4 0-60. I did only have a quarter of a tank of fuel and was running bp ultimate. Top gear did recently suggest that the new ctr is slightly slower accelerating than the old one so id like a go with one of those. I'd love to know what the actual 0-60 is of a corolla t sport. Driven also a few years back shown it was quicker 0-40mph than a civic type r and clio 182.

I have also had a run with the new shape ctr and i comfortably beat it! Honda say its only 0.1 seconds slower than the old ctr but from my experiences i think its quite a bit slower than the orriginal. Also had runs with a Clio 172 and a leon cupra and a 2.5 bmw z4 and pulled away from them all (only slightly) and also been up against another leon cupra and got my bottom spanked!

IMHO, and this is bound to cause arguements.....theres too many variables for on road encounters. the strip is where its at for a more accurate account against car/drivers.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links