Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Number Of Keys & Dvd's Issued By Toyota ?

martyVF

Hello everyone,

This is my first post so please be gentle with me !!

I have just purchsed a March 2008 Avensis Tourer 2.2 D-4D TR from a local Toyota dealership.

Except for 3 niggles I am very pleased with it so far and , hopefully , some kind soul can answer my questions.

1. Keys. On handover the salesman gave me two black keys with open/close buttons. When I asked for the grey/beige "valet" key he told me Toyota no longer issue those keys merely the black keys.

Is this correct ? The handbook refers to another "valet" key and a pal with a 57 plate Avensis has got the 3rd "valet" key.

2. metal key ID tag: This is missing. Will it hinder any attempts to obtain spare keys?

3. Sat-Nav DVD's; There was just ont DVD in the sat-nav marked E10 (coded 8671-0W060 & 8671-60W360) . I told the salesman my pal had got a jewel case with four DVD's covering all of Europe.

The salesman told me Toyota now only issue that single DVD that covers Western Europe including the UK. The other DVD's are a chargeable extra.

Is the salesman correct?

I do not like to cause a fuss at the dealership but I suspect the salesman may be ,how do I put it politely, telling "incorrect facts".

Any advice you can give me would be gratefully received .

Thanks in advance

MartyVF

Hi :)

I have a Dec 07 registered 2.2D TR & it came with the grey valet key & 4 DVDs(E10).

my key tag is grey plastic.

I have a 55 plate Corolla, with the 3 keys, but when I bought it in Jan 09 I was told by the salesman that Toyota had stopped doing the third grey key for newer models some time ago. He didn't say when exactly.

I bought a brand new 2.0 D4D Avensis Tourer TR which I collected from the dealer in the first week of March 2008.

I got the full set of keys (2 x black, 1 x Grey) and a full set of 4 DVDs covering all of Europe.....

Go back and argue....

Good luck

P.

Hello everyone,

This is my first post so please be gentle with me !!

I have just purchsed a March 2008 Avensis Tourer 2.2 D-4D TR from a local Toyota dealership.

Except for 3 niggles I am very pleased with it so far and , hopefully , some kind soul can answer my questions.

1. Keys. On handover the salesman gave me two black keys with open/close buttons. When I asked for the grey/beige "valet" key he told me Toyota no longer issue those keys merely the black keys.

Is this correct ? The handbook refers to another "valet" key and a pal with a 57 plate Avensis has got the 3rd "valet" key.

2. metal key ID tag: This is missing. Will it hinder any attempts to obtain spare keys?

3. Sat-Nav DVD's; There was just ont DVD in the sat-nav marked E10 (coded 8671-0W060 & 8671-60W360) . I told the salesman my pal had got a jewel case with four DVD's covering all of Europe.

The salesman told me Toyota now only issue that single DVD that covers Western Europe including the UK. The other DVD's are a chargeable extra.

Is the salesman correct?

I do not like to cause a fuss at the dealership but I suspect the salesman may be ,how do I put it politely, telling "incorrect facts".

Any advice you can give me would be gratefully received .

Thanks in advance

MartyVF

Hi MartyVF

I bought my 2005 Avensis over 18 months ago and only received one key!

When I asked for the second black one, the salesman told me I would have to pay for it, as it must have been lost by the first owner.

They finally backed down and gave me the spare for free, so it is best to push for your valet key.

I did not have a metal, or plastic tag with the key I got with the car, but the dealer managed to supply the spare with no problem.

They only need about your car for 20 to 30 minutes to programme the new key.

As I am in the UK, we only receive a single disc, specifically for the UK and europe has to be paid for.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Gary

Avensis 2.2 D4D TR bought new August 2008 UK, supplied with three keys and four discs. :D

Hello again,

Thank you all for the feedback.

I will now pursue the salesman about my niggles.

It is a shame that the salesman has not been straight with me. On all other apects the dealership is of a very high standard.

Just done a 200 mile run today to Leeds & back . The Avensis was so smooth and the sat/nav helped finding the address in Leeds. I am very impressed with this vehicle. It feels very solid and no rattles down the bumpy country lane I live down.

Once again Thank You,

MartyVF

I have a 2007. Got the three keys.

On the sat nav it has only one disk that covers the whole of Europe, well it appears to anyway but since i have not been ourside the UK with the car I can't be 100% sure. Also the Sat Nav does not get upgraded any more, according to the dealer, lot's of new roads not on Sat Nav.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links