Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Can I Expect On The Rolling Road?

Daron

Im putting my car on a rolling road on saturday morning with a few mates of mine. I wondered would anyone know approx.what I'll be putting out?? Its a K reg Mr2 turbo, pretty standard apart from the exhaust which i cant see making a massive increase!!

Am I looking at 600bhp or a more realistic 200+?

i would say (without any experience whatsoever except for reading these boards religiously for the last 6 months) you would be looking at between 160-180 at the wheel depending on the engine condition. A good exhaust can add 15-25bhp!

160-180 might sound a bit anticlimatic after the quoted 200bhp by toyota but bear in mind that this rock hard engine can be modified easily to about 300bhp without messing around with the engine internals

really?? under 200bhp, well i best keep me mouth shut to save myself from looking to gutted.

What are the most common and most effective (budget in mind) ways of increasing power?

245bhp ... not at the wheel tho ( whatever the other one is called.. the one which dealers etc use... ie rev1 = 225bhp , rev3 = 245bhp etc )

If ya know what I mean ?

i know its been answered a million times and ive even read though it, but how do you distinguish which "rev" (revision) is which?

in general rev 1 is 1990-1991 and rev 2 is late 1992-late 1993 and both rev turbos had 225bhp advertised

rev 3 which came in 1994 and above had 245bhp as advertised.

the usa got 200bhp through 1990-1995 when they stopped selling them over there.

sorry i may have misquoted you on a numebr for horsepower cos somehow i was thinking rev 1 and 2 was 200bhp, for a uk model i would expect about 170 for a worn out turbo and engine to 200 if your lucky, at the wheels.

My car has been on the dyno 3 times .. Rev2.

With zorst/filter - 191 bhp(fw) - only running 8 psi due to knackerd actuator

with zorst/filter & Gvalve - 220 bhp(fw) - running 14 psi, but knackerd clutch.

with new zorst, new filter, stage3 clutch, lightened FW 250 bhp(fw)

and now with WI and 17 psi .. will be hoping for about 270/280 ..

but I've got a few other bits to do first ..

You havent stated milage and condition. Has it also been serviced ie coolant change and oil + filter replacement?(you shouldnt rr the car without doing this imo). If its in 'average' condition for its age im guessing youll get 170(ish)bhp@the wheels. If you get more then well done :thumbsup:

Yeah .. mine has been serviced often, there was no (bad) turbo smoke ..

But Mine was a track car in Japan ..

very good, i was kinda disappionted with what i got. 170bhp at the wheels and 198bhp at the flywheel. had the boost very low to be safe, and the air filter is totally worn and also my new exhaust wasnt on..... excuses over!!

I've got all my dyno plots and the states of tune they were at too .. so I can see how much "better" the car is after I change something ..

17psi and WI next .. Stage 4 ..

17psi?! %$( id like to see that. Oh yea and why dont you put on 15s this time see what ull get you seemed to get a very high loss with the BBS wheels.

15"s .. I've got a reputation young man ..

stock rims on my car (with all the kit) looks rather daft .. (and I think the loss was due to the tyres being cold etc as well .. the car had been standing in the rain for 30 mins before it was driven 50m onto the rollers and then thrashed).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links