Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Would Tempt You Away From Your Rav

local hero

Canna wait til ah get ma Fiat 6 cylinder motor on the road - trouble is it does 1500 rpm flat oot - ---centre of gravity is good with a full length fuel tank hung below but I need to link the alternator to some electric motors and fit some wheels....must take a picture of the awesome exhaust pipe - fantastic!!! Painted in canary yellow with a dashboard which has more warning lights than Fujis Prius!

next car will not be a rav4. just a coulpe points eating tires and lots of fuel what isn't up to date with todays standards.

If I ever change the RAV :o :o :o :o

It will be for a pickup based 4x4... have the Hilux Invisible 200 top of list...

toyota-hilux-invincible-200-1.jpg

with the Hilux Intimidator a close second (not with the stupid 20" wheels though)

toyota_hilux.jpg

and the Toyota Vigo 3.0d

vigo4x4_01.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Two weeks ago my second child was born, and when loading the pram into the boot, and mounting the child seat behind the passenger seat in my RAV4.2, I really wished I had an Avensis! The RAV is getting a bit small with two kids in the back, and the boot filled with luggage...

But this weekend I was glad to have the RAV! When the snow fell, and everyone else got stuck, I could just cruise by with my 4x4 B)

Now I wish I had a Land Cruiser... or (heaven forbid) a Nissan Pathfinder!

Well to add two pen ath',

I realised my Rav was the best car in the world for my job when I was out and about, it did everything I could ever want at work... except it wasn't very exciting, but hey ho I am getting on a bit now. Then a few people of my age I know shuffed off this mortal coil, (think that's the right expression but my memory is on the way out now). Kids leaving home so I decided to have a mid life crisis whilst still having most of my faculties.... so I bought an Audi S3 with a new fangled flappy paddle gearbox wot wood impress the yoofs like, innit.

I was a bit embarrassed with this 'well wicked' car so I took the badges off and bunged a 2.0Tdi Badge on the back so 1) Max power boys and girls don't want to race and 2) It doesn't get nicked for a getaway car.

It has pretend four wheel quattro drive and is great fun out of corners and off the mark. Its also been quite good drifting it in the snow and ice the last few days.

I miss the Rav as it was just so efficient and nothing went wrong (Audi booked in for petrol release cap fixing - 5 weeks old).

Er indoors is also looking to change her Prius company car for....... Yaris 1.33 TR (she has more sense than me).

Regards

Tuff question that one..

I've just had to make that decision when the 3 yr warranty ran out.. Tried all sorts of motors from most of the "brands" apart from anything indigenous French (unreliable) or Italian (style over substance) and they all left me a bit cold.... I had one of those last shaped Land-cruisers before the RAV and it was far better than any of the L-R products I had owned before, so L-R stuff is out. What I would really like is a "proper" Land-cruiser. Not one of those new everything is electric jobbies, but a FJ40 post-76215-1261482547_thumb.jpg from the 70's. I spose I would settle for a V6 RAV or a Tundra post-76215-1261482547_thumb.jpg if they ever imported it.... Ended up purchasing a Mr T, 2 year extension on the warranty. Boring....

post-76215-1261482732_thumb.jpg

Two weeks ago my second child was born, and when loading the pram into the boot, and mounting the child seat behind the passenger seat in my RAV4.2, I really wished I had an Avensis! The RAV is getting a bit small with two kids in the back, and the boot filled with luggage...

But this weekend I was glad to have the RAV! When the snow fell, and everyone else got stuck, I could just cruise by with my 4x4 B)

Now I wish I had a Land Cruiser... or (heaven forbid) a Nissan Pathfinder!

Why not buy a landrover so you spend the winter stuck at home until it defrosts itself??

You could by a Range Rover Sport...........but then again their CRAP in snow........................see above :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

You could by a Range Rover Sport...........but then again their CRAP in snow........................see above :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Dearest Santa, Can I have one of these + lots and lots of snow please, I promise to be good :rolleyes:

904578450_13dc0148ef1.jpg

Chatters can you make it bigger please, can't seem to do it :thumbsup::clap:

I don't know if I like where this thread is going with all these pickups ... n'all. :)

Canyoneroooo

Lucky you are not after much in your RX specification, L_H :)

And you didn't even get to specifying the heated dog basket for the wee Westie yet. With its own built in sound system, obviously... :)

My mate has the CR-V....I find they only look ok in black, but even then, I'm not keen on the double front grille (looks like one car plonked on top of another) and the plastics along the bottom of the car look a bit cheap (reminds me of when the mage the rover 200 series into a 4x4 with plastic on the bottom).

Don't do a more powerful version either B)

I've just bought the new Rav 2010. In black, as you say. It now has body coloured lower trim, not plastic. And, an automatic diesel model.

I've had 4 toyotas in the last few years, but bought the Honda for a change. Also, the new Rav doesn't have a glass (sun)roof option, and I like to see what's going on with what's on the roof (skis or race bike).

the new cr-v has 150 bhp, but after running in, I'm thinking about a chip to 180 minimum....

I just hope that it's as reliable and practical as the RAV has been to me over the last 30000 odd miles

Well what about this then An Aston Martin/Toyota IQ+ I kid you not :thumbsup:LINK :thumbsup:

That's the new Cygnet from AM..and they want £20k for it... all based on iQ platform but has a few other Aston tweaks to bump up the price... Oh and it will only be available to a select few by invitation only.... :unsure: :unsure:

So could see a few of these out side premiership football clubs soon :D :D :D :D :D :D

Somehow I cant see James Bond cruising along in one of these or chasing the bad guys in it either........ :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

not so sure about those ££ aston's as it can't even out perform a couple alpha romeo's if we have to beleive the 007 movie or that 007 guy simply can't drive :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...

Not seen one on the road as yeti, but had a look at the spec + road tests on the Skoda Yeti the 170bhp elegance diesel could be a real T180 contender, 0-62mph 8.4 max 124mph + claimed 47mpg, build quality is said to be stunning, + a spec list to die for, LR type lift up split tailgate on some models, no spare but pump,N, gunk.. looks interesting very highly rated in most roadtests, top spec roughly £21,700...

Snap out of it Stew :o .

Skoda v Toyota? Maybe in about 190 years :P . The new ones do look nice though.

I've had a RAV4 d4d GX for two years. I've loved it, the best car I've had - I can throw the dog in the back, get all the holiday bags in, if I'm careful I can get 52mpg, and it's been brilliant in the snow. BUT... it's got the d4d engine problem - it keeps losing all power. I'm waiting to be towed into the garage as we speak, there isn't even enough power to drive it in. What is there that doesn't have the d4d engine that does have all the other plus points of the rav? I only bought it two years ago, it's a 2003, so I don't want to spend rediculous amounts either trying to fix it, or replacing it. I live in the middle of nowhere so do need a 4x4. ??

Snap out of it Stew :o .

Skoda v Toyota? Maybe in about 190 years :P . The new ones do look nice though.

Strangely enough back in 2002 when I bought my Rav I had a sit in a Skoda Octavia 4x4 that a work colleague had just bought (I think that's what it was!) After a few seconds I'd had enough and got out , not for me but if you want one go for it. Been wanting to post on this thread for some time. My own thoughts are the 170bhp VAG diesel in an A3 or a Tiguan(both 4x4), second hand CRV or do I get back to hot hatch days as time marches on. Decisions , decisions....

Well I was tempted away from the Rav as I am old and wanted a mid life crisis all of my own. I had previously had an Octavia Vrs and a 2.0Tdi Lauren and Klement estate with DSG gearbox and took a test drive in the Skoda Yeti 2.0 Tdi. I thought it was a very good car but the DSG gearbox was not available at the time so I bought an A3 S3 with DSG or s-tronic which has been very good in the snow, suprisingly.

'Er indoors is havibng to send the Prius back (57 plate) as she is changing jobs and we have had a look round for somthing she fancies (Brad Pitt excluded)

Yesterday she picked up her chilli red IQ2 1.0 with keyless entry auto lights wipers and dipping mirror. It also has foldy in electric mirrors and is only 10 inches long.

She thinks its fab and will be using it to travel 25+ miles to work each day. She chose that over the Yaris we went to get because it was 'cute' and made her smile.

I have now driven it and it is very good for a small car and seems normal size when you drive it.

Its party piece is the turning circle... if you park on a normal estate size road it can do a u turn in one go.

Missed then Rav in the snow though.

Regards