Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gt4 Engine Removal

Fawbs

Right well i need to post this cause i had an absolute brilliant time street racing, i can't really tell you many details as it was kept under wraps quite well but it was big 50+ cars and the road was just superb. I got there and did about 10 laps, going past an r32 in the process, having a guess i'd say my car was in the faster mid field section. I can't tell you how good it was and how well organised it was, the road was perfect, quiet, great layout, if you are into this lee you really need to get your car there, i saw an 800bhp original lancer and a 500bhp golf mk2 rallye that i had never even heard of. What a night, i had a grin on my face driving back home, its brilliant when its not a organised by mickey mouse.

• 2 weeks later...

Right just did a bit tonight although i still don't have all my bits as usual waiting on crap.

Anyway built an air box with 3 cold air feeds to it which will come from a scoop just below the indicator. Made it out of that nimbus material dan showed us, my dad was trying to get involved and make it all perfectly engineered but i was like sod that just make something that works, doesn't have to be pretty. We tucker popped it all together plus used sealant to keep the hot air out even more, 3 inlets from demon tweeks and hey presto. I did plan to cover it in heat relective tape but i seem to have misplaced it somewhere in the garage. Also need to do 1000mile torque check on the arps, need to put some titan pro S oil in her plus K&N filter and setup my pre rad for the turbo.

DSC00549.jpg

DSC00550.jpg

DSC00552.jpg

DSC00553.jpg

DSC00555.jpg

DSC00556.jpg

DSC00557.jpg

nice one dude.

looking good, have to meet up again soon, the 2 should be MOT'd this week fingers crossed and i should be at japfest.

yeah she defo pulls well.

did a small bit of testing in the 2 on a private road,wow pulled really well then looked at the boost gauge and it was only running 1.3bar!

checked the map and i have it set speed dependant boost from the FWD days so once its all on the road ill have a play but she really goes well.

I'll be at japfest aswell mate, i'm on the oc stand, you going with the mr2 boys?

Made the airbox a bit bigger now and added another airfeed. Still working on the the air feed inlets and only have 2 hooked up at the moment. Hopefully will be getting an ecu this month. Also have the pre rad on which seems to be doing a good job helping keep temps down, put some silkolene pro s in her as i had done 1500miles on running in rubbish, kind of amazing how the miles just crept up so fast! Good thing about having a decent sized A/R on the turbo is the lag, on long runs i'm getting pretty good economy to be honest staying off boost.

Just say i was on a standard coolant system, if i put evans in her.... does this knock a few degrees off if you know what i mean.

So it will only boost higher over a certain speed???

dont know if ill be there as i might have left it late to get a stand pass now, gonna try though, yeah probably be on MR2OC if i go.

evans doesnt lower temps as such just doesnt boil or expand and prevents hot spots, one of the causes of block cracking.

MR2 is now on the road although i have lost boost, defo a control issue though as when i disconnected the wastegate i got 1.8bar +. got a few leaks on the manifold to sort, not welds just the flange x head. the flange distorted when i welded it so going to get that faced this week. then i can check the AFR;s and sort the boost control out.

Just a quick few pictures and not very interesting cause you can hardly tell the difference.

DSC00568.jpg

Air box made a canny bit bigger, doesn't look it but it has, was a right pain to get in, still got 2 feeds to connect up to it.

DSC00569.jpg

Pre rad is hid under the slam panel, i just made an L shaped bracket and attached it where one of the horns attach and then put the cooler onto it.

DSC00570.jpg

DSC00567.jpg

I'll be at japfest aswell mate, i'm on the oc stand, you going with the mr2 boys?

Awesome! I'll make sure to say hi if I see you by your car mate, if you see me with the AE92OC then pop your head round the gazeeb! :thumbsup:

KP

hey mike ill come and find you. ill be on AE92OC though mate not MR2oc

They letting you on there with an mr2 lee? I was going to come find you anyway kp, me and lee had hatched a plan as he fancied another corolla Shell :!Removed!:

I looked for the ae92's everywhere kp, i couldn't see them at all. Shed loads of subaru's there was literally about 4 gatherings of them

here you go mike, did another vid.

still not got the boost sorted so no full throttle and short shifts to stem the flow of boost XD

ZqE6R2jMRuI

sorry for some reason the forum is being gay and wont allow me to embed the link!!!

stick that in youtube and it should come up :thumbsup:

I got a pfc for 400 quid :D

It isn't finding the video :( whats the title of the video?

its not listed try

My link

good price on the PFC, be good to see what numbers you get when its mapped :thumbsup:

Its sounds really smooth!!! Thought it would be more spluttery like mine, i'm liking that dump valve, isn't it that d2 one or something?

Yeh will be interesting, if it makes around 450 i will be happy at 1.6 or somewhere around there. Just need to wait till july.

thats no BOV not got round to fitting it yet :P

• 2 weeks later...

ECU is here :D:D:D:D:D, 6th July guys 6th July ;)

sweeeeeeet :D

keep us posted :thumbsup:

Ha you will be the first person i will be texting good or bad lee.

Just put the sytec FPR on, just need to put a vac hose on it as i didnt have one the right size. Connected the PFC turned her over and she idled beautifully! GTS Chris had flashed a base map for the 800CC injectors that i put in aswell, idled superbly, was well impressed. Forgot to zap the sards with 12V's before i put them in but none of them stuck it appears.

So my fuel rail is now duel fed from both sides and the return comes out the bottom of the FPR. So basically for anyone not too sure about this(as i wasn't when i heard about it) 1 feed is pretty much feeding 2 injectors and the other feed doing the other 2 also i have heard it may come the fuel slightly cooler but cannot confirm this.

Just waiting on the hand commander from phils mate on the OC now, can't wait.

Oh yeh just to add, james who was working on the car with me found an odd leak, basically my standard oil pressure switch, the oil is going through the entire switch and leaking out the connector engine, crap thing so if anyone has a spare please let me know. I did have my old one but its probably long gone somewhere now.

SOrry i'm not getting it mapped by you chris but i'm down in cornwall now so i couldn't be further away from you if i tried and i'm proper skint for starters.

21 days now guys

:D

dude what ya doing down there lol. hope your enjoying it down there, some awesome roads as well.

ill ave a looksie for an OPS might have one :s

Got the hand controller, loving it, waiting on some 5mm hose to complete the fpr setup and just waiting on some new pins for one of my brake calipers.

Not long not long, how much knock should it show on these hand controllers cause its like a bar graph that goes up on it.

got a full boost one, still getting a bit of overboost but not to bad, mainly when i floor it in fifth from about 3000rpm, when the boost comes on it spikes at about 2.4 bar but if im gradual with the gas its not bad.

got loads of pops and bangs on the overrun :P