Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gt4 Engine Removal

Fawbs

<the spuds of lurrrrvve>s did you just post a vid cause i can't see it, you got the link?

DSC00474.jpg

DSC00475.jpg

DSC00476.jpg

DSC00477.jpg

DSC00478.jpg

DSC00480.jpg

Right just did a couple of jobs, put the riser block infill stickers and took the standard ecu and mounting brackets out, had a quick look inside the standard ecu.

yeah, must be your browser cos i can see it on mine :P

Ok sorted my browser, is the mr2 finished then lee?

You know on trackdays, can you have as many drivers as you want or can you pay extra, was thinking of taking my old man round.

Also might be doing nurburgring at the end of the year.

nearly finished, still got the exterior to do and maybe some extra fueling later on but enjoying using it for a whale now :D

as fro track days yes most of them you ca, just pay per driver, best asking, think bookatrack allow extra drivers.

yeah want to do the ring myself but will poss be next year now due to lack of funds :(

• 2 weeks later...

SOrry i'm not getting it mapped by you chris but i'm down in cornwall now so i couldn't be further away from you if i tried and i'm proper skint for starters.

21 days now guys

Quite alright sir, I'll just be glad to see this up to full power. th one we were working on in work passed it's MOT last week so is now on the road, I'll not picture !Removed! your thread but there's plenty to see on the companies facebook page as I've still to upload some proper ones to photobucket etc

GI Motorsport GT-Four build

ahhhh i like it, im trying to do that get the little black bits like spoiler blocks, spats etc to match up. Fortunately the black mesh i've put at the front works a treat for this. Post whatever you want mate its a long enough thread anyway haha.

Right well went exploring today and went to lizard point most southerly place in britain, just beautiful. This ecu idles my car perfectly i love it, its nice crusing around staying off power especially today as i was hungover to hell was drinking until 6am, to be honest i shouldn't have drove cause i was proper in a trance.

Oh i put my uprated crush tubes in yesterday aswell, they were ****** the old ones. Bit of a tricky job, more awkward if anything but we smashed them in. Heres my old ones

DSC00618.jpg

Put my other front brake pad on as my brake caliper pins turned up, right pain it was as the blade on my junior hacksaw was made of chocolate so i had to file through them with a round file. Used stud extractors to loosen them up, just a pain such a stupid thing to hold you up.

Also we found where the knocking is coming from when you turn the wheel at very low speeds or at a stand still, its the steering rack front control rods, the things the track rod ends screw on to. Bit **** as they are 65 quid each and i need both of them :S Sorry about my accent at the start of the video, my mate is from essex so i always do it

th_MOV00617.jpg

DSC00620.jpg

DSC00619.jpg

DSC00621.jpg

DSC00622.jpg

DSC00623.jpg

DSC00624.jpg

DSC00626.jpg

DSC00627.jpg

DSC00628.jpg

DSC00629.jpg

DSC00630.jpg

cant wait to see the results ;)

Well went to see Ryan G today at surrey rolling road, was an hour late due to hunderford being market day and roadworks. The day started terrible i had to knock a gasket for the turbo up as mine new one had not come, really was a rush and i just thought its only going to get worse................

but it didnt ryan started mapping it, and the hp started steadily increasing. He was very impressed with the AFR's out the exhaust he said they were quite steady, fuel was good and it spooled well, so atleast i did something right.

Anyway we got we got 420bhp at the flywheel, approx 326 at the wheels i think, it would have been higher but the spring in the wastegate wasn't strong enough to hold the boost. So once i get a new spring it will be going back to him to be mapped to 1.6bar. There's still work to do on her though so may keep her at 1.4bar while i add my tweaks here and there. You can tell the turbo has not come alive at this pressure after being in dawseys and other peoples cars plus some hearsay i know around 1.7bar the turbo goes mad. Its damn quick but not lethally quick if you get me. 3rd gear is just stupidly good

We just printed this graph off as it was getting hotter so little less power than the vid

DSC00482.jpg

DSC00483.jpg

On the dyno, 420bhp

Me dicking around afterwards, really sorry i didn't realise i was holding it cockeyed :S, hit some VERY sudden crests and car jumped up quite a bit, loved it

Can someone edit the title so it says mapping page 46, i can't see how i would do it

• 4 weeks later...

Whats everyone been up to guys, you got a project thread lee, anymore vids?

I need to change the inner track rod ends on my car cause they are knocking like hell so much play in them, just a bugger they cost 60 quid each:

th_MOV00617.jpg

Going to change the power steering pump cause when you park next to a wall or car so you can hear the sounds of the pump when you turn the wheel it sounds like a steam train.

lol. not really been doing much to mine other than enjoying driving it really, though i must get the fuel cut sorted, boost is spiking at 2.5 bar and its really doing my head in as it makes full throttle acceleration in 4 th and 5 impossible.

was at CAE at the weekend, had chance to get someone to video it on a straight national speed limit road, was really bumpy though so i had to lift.

glad yours is coming on well though, be good to see what 1.6-1.7 bar is like :D

You should leave yours at 2.5 bar :D Its a pity i cant have an mr2 turbo, it was what i was looking for in the first place but not practical as a 2 seater but its 200kg lighter pretty much than a standard gt4. Whats it like on track i have heard the chassis isnt the greatest but its mid engined so its always going to be decent.

Can't believe im away from all the action down here :S

not had it on track yet but it seems to handle really well, a million times better than the rolla ever did. strange feeling as you feel the rear pushing out when you punch it out of a corner.

theres always day trips for visits :D

Water injection has been ordered, what pressure do you have yours kicking in lee? What mix are you running on it?

not got mine fitted yet but i have it set at 0.5bar and a 50/50 water methanol mix, take care with methanol though its nasty stuff. 10ml is enough to kill you !! :unsure:

Is it ok to run 100% water? its just if i run out of methanol at any point.

I thought people usually set them to come in at the top of the boost? I may get mine to come in at just under a bar then.

ahhhh i like it, im trying to do that get the little black bits like spoiler blocks, spats etc to match up. Fortunately the black mesh i've put at the front works a treat for this. Post whatever you want mate its a long enough thread anyway haha.

Right well went exploring today and went to lizard point most southerly place in britain, just beautiful. This ecu idles my car perfectly i love it, its nice crusing around staying off power especially today as i was hungover to hell was drinking until 6am, to be honest i shouldn't have drove cause i was proper in a trance.

Oh i put my uprated crush tubes in yesterday aswell, they were ****** the old ones. Bit of a tricky job, more awkward if anything but we smashed them in. Heres my old ones

DSC00618.jpg

Put my other front brake pad on as my brake caliper pins turned up, right pain it was as the blade on my junior hacksaw was made of chocolate so i had to file through them with a round file. Used stud extractors to loosen them up, just a pain such a stupid thing to hold you up.

Also we found where the knocking is coming from when you turn the wheel at very low speeds or at a stand still, its the steering rack front control rods, the things the track rod ends screw on to. Bit **** as they are 65 quid each and i need both of them :S Sorry about my accent at the start of the video, my mate is from essex so i always do it

th_MOV00617.jpg

DSC00620.jpg

DSC00619.jpg

DSC00621.jpg

DSC00622.jpg

DSC00623.jpg

DSC00624.jpg

DSC00626.jpg

DSC00627.jpg

DSC00628.jpg

DSC00629.jpg

DSC00630.jpg

I have four steering rack control arms, one only on the car for 2 months, and new from toyota, dont ask why i have 4 my knock turned out to be upper steering column uj let me know if you still need one the new one is off side but dont think they are handed . aderiley

Edited by aderiley

ahhh i have them now mate, cheers for the offer though, i haven't checked the knuckle joint, i'm pretty sure its the inner tie rod joints as the knock is very well defined when you hold on to the column close to it

I think everyone needs to meet mr water injection tank and mr filter

DSC00484.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...