Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gt4 Engine Removal

Fawbs

well only plan to run 1.6bar with possibly 1.8bar at some points.

There isn't a spare hole for the wideband, can't we take the standard one out and put yours in or will it affect the car? Theres a spare tapped hole for a secondary EGT but thats it.

It scares me lee how much boost you are running hahaha. If it was ready to just be welded i'd be round yours in a flash unfortunately its not :( Don't worry boyos i'll get it done this week if its the last thing i do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh one thing, theres a map analyzer that you can get for the blitz boost controller, do you need that or just need to fiddle with the controller to set it up?

I ain't upgraged my boost sensor, dnt tell me this is another thing to add to the list. I told the "boss" that that was it!

The boss being the wife? haha

Depends how much boost you are going to be running i don't know what the standard one is rated to.

• Like 1

It would be the wife if she had her way but she knows I am married to the four! Chris u any idea what the standard is rated to?

Yeah we can, the standard lamda is switched off for mapping anyway. No need to get the analyser unless you really want it

Don't quote me but I think it's a 1.5bar boost, aj do you not have the greddy sensor?

yeah 1.5bar for the stock sensor rings a bell.

a GM 3 bar one isnt too bad if you look on eBay.

i have the TTE 3 bar one, might be up for sale at some point

Right boyos, been buying stuff and all that <the spuds of lurrrrvve>s. Right on my car as may or may not know i have some 17" bbs le mans which i was never too keen on, until i found out how much they were. A year or two ago they were almost 4k but i have seen them listed new for 2.5k these days. I have decided to sell them on eBay, got 8 watchers so far, hopefully get a good price for them as the VW and Audi guys like these things, and there are tons of replicas on eBay of these so should get good money, hopefully.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180599354360&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

Going to replace them with these:

http://www.madmotors.co.uk/alloy-wheels/team-dynamics/18/team-dynamics-pro-race-1-2-black-18-inc-tyres.html

Also got some cheap gauges which i will change over at a later date for something decent but they are digital so hopefully will be quite accurate. I got a boost gauge, water temp, oil temp and oi pressure. Also bought some gauge pod holders for the car made by rtp

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250734712675&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_781wt_1139

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250724977910&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_835wt_1139

I went up there tonight as i had enough of ****** around, basically i never cut the pipe cause i haven't used an angle grinder much and i have a bit of a complex with them and wood shavers as when i was younger my dad dropped his when it was running and i tried to catch it, took a clump out my finger. Anyway thought ubik it, got the pipe connected on the turbo and the other end on the exhaust and i concluded i would need something like a 45deg bend. Anyway started cutting and hey ho, i'm **** brilliant at it, surprised myself big time, goodbye complex. Basically its ready to be welded, going to make up a bracket to give the pipe some support, may get something better made up in the future but hopefully it will be ok.

if you can mark up the position it needs to be welded in, pop it up and ill run some weld around it :thumbsup:

nice wheels, similar to the ones im getting for the 2

work.xd9-slv_d.jpg

work emotion xd9's

I have these alloys in gun metal grey, but made by ultralite.

Can't blame u about the angle grinder, scared of it myself. How is ur engines on start up on a cold day? Mine doesn't sound as smooth on a cold day, is this due to the forged engine?

They are nice them just had a nose around they are well expensive :o

I actually want some inovit ones i really liked:

http://www.dp-motorsport.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=16&products_id=303&osCsid=458f2f941521b9d5b9f232cd8dac3d71

but the offset is all wrong and i wanted a x8 wheel, pity though :(

Mine starts up first time everytime but i think any engine will sound a touch worse when its been freezing, i wouldn't worry too much.

I like the angle grinder now haha i'm quite good to be honest

:mad2: 12 watchers on my wheels now and still no bid :S got over 3 days to go still though, someone better bid.

i know just a tad over £1500 with tyres, thing is i know what i want when it comes to wheels and wouldn't be happy if they weren't just right.

wanted a dished wheel to as they look the nuts on 2's.

my engine rattles its brains off when cold (piston slap) but there is no scoring or damage to the bores or pistons and its quieter when warm so i dont worry about it. just embarrassing that's all

Right been fixing my mates golf cause he crashed it but managed to get some free time to connect the power source to all the gauges, surprised myself as they all worked first time. Sensors need to be wired up but shouldn't be too much of a problem, Just left all the wires hanging for now, will smarten it all up after christmas. Downpipe is coming along ok, i was tweaking it the other day as i could have welded it up but it was making the exhaust front pipe get too close to things so just adjusting the angle on a piece of the pipe and should be good, been going well.

Would have done LOADS these last few days as i havent been going to work since theres bugger all to do but ive been fixing my mates golf that he crashed but i sent him to peterborough on his own this time so i could do my gauges.

18 Watchers on my wheels now with less than 24hours to go, still no bid. :censor:

16122010841.jpg

16122010840.jpg

16122010839.jpg

16122010838.jpg

16122010837.jpg

16122010836.jpg

16122010835.jpg

hope the sale goes well.

my TIG welder is all set up now so if you get stuck pop up and ill sort it for you (only working 2 days between now and new year :P )

any news on your job? ie if your being moved etc?

20 watchers, ive been offered 600 quid cash and a bloke ask me to ship them to germany. Said no to the first as there's too much interest even if they don't sell tonight and the other guy i said if he can arrange a courier i'll ship them

Well no one is getting fired but there is no where to put us all, people are getting out of here though and going to culdrose as its the only place with a bit of space, i'll let you see where that is and you'll see why i dont want to go there, even though its supposed to be good down there and quite laid back :S Want to stay on a raf base around the midlands if i can as the raf are way more relaxed as we have limited bases we can go to (naval aircraft engineers) amounting to 2 naval flying bases, culdrose and yeovilton.

Yeovilton is crap apparently but the sea king mk4 junglies are there, helicopters the marines use and i would rather be back out in the desert for 4 months of the year then on a ship. I'd do 6months in the desert than 2 weeks on ship and the op bonus is double so when i come back i would be swimming in it ha.

Really don't want to leave the midlands and made so many mates here aswell who are mostly raf although they are having to move too. They are planning on getting us to community service while we are still at wittering and cottesmore can you believe that!!! Force commanders bright idea, was telling my parents a few weeks ago and thought it was disgusting, just a complete laughing stock and don't be saying you want your drive sweeping lee cause its not happening haha.

On a brighter note i walked into my parents house today and found my new motocross helmet unwrapped ha, caught in the act.

dang dude that is an insult to any of our brave forces, doing the work of common criminals!!! i mean youd be doing the same work as some spotty little towrag that mugged an old lady!

hope it doesnt come to that.

result with the helmet though. just got to act surpised on christmas day now then :unsure::rolleyes:

didn't sell the wheels by the way, plenty of interest though, i'm just reluctant to leave my car on stands for a few days but i may have to if i want to sell these, going to put them up for sale again just before i head back to base. Going to head back a few days early so i can get everything wired up and all the wires mounted neatly'ish.

Yeh i know its pathetic, we are there to help but doing that type of stuff is a complete embarrassment. I can understand if there was a flood, or with all this snow helping out making sure all the elderly people are ok and bringing them aid but the force commander is seriously deluded, must be trying to get promoted. Can't wait till the papers hear about this.

hey lads, hope all is well. any progress on the mr2 and the gt4?

I am getting a missfire when banking heavy or going round sharp corners, i am assuming this is due to lack of fuel. A swirl pot will likely solve this issue, but how difficult is this to install? do you need to drop the tank? do you also need an additional fuel pump?

You shouldn't need to go as drastic as a swirl pot but no need to drop the tank, you use the walbro in tank as a lifter pump to feed the swirl pot then an external or two to feed the rails

swirl pot is a good idea, you must be getting some good G's though if your getting fuel surge :yahoo:

I may have got a downpipe sourced that will fit but what do you guys think about running in the car with no lambda sensor on the standard ecu. It has a threaded port for an afr gauge

Actually screw that its too risky esp when i will be on the motorway varying rev's, i'll weld a new flange into it for the stand O2 sensor. Lee would i be able to come see you for this as the pipe was made by tgt and i want someone good to do it rather than my mate who is a bit messy with his welding.