Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gt4 Engine Removal

Fawbs

Ok ordered a leg puller, wasn;t prepared to pay 95quid for one from Halfords even with that trade card probably still looking at 70 odd. Heres that sensor Lee, is it what you suspected?

DSC00084.jpg

and the pistons, measured the skirts and they are 86.5 so good stuff, would have been crap if they were 87mm

DSC00093.jpg

DSC00088.jpg

DSC00090.jpg

DSC00085.jpg

I picked the gearbox up on my own to get the spill pad under everything, next day i felt like i had been weight lifting ha

yeah they aint light. your gonna have fun getting the transfer back on too lol.

sensor is the speed sensor for the speedo, should get one from trev at TCB.

good one on the pistons, are you going to order new rings if the bores check out ok?

yeah they aint light. your gonna have fun getting the transfer back on too lol.

sensor is the speed sensor for the speedo, should get one from trev at TCB.

good one on the pistons, are you going to order new rings if the bores check out ok?

Yeh im already onto this, been onto dave at performanceunlimited that site u gave me ages ago, going to do a full bottom end balance and a re-bore as i expect the block i get from martin will be stardard 86mm and already mentioned to him i want some new rings aswell. Got a free chemical bath booked in off that bloke in the hangar next door probably get him some beer though. That ecu we spoke about ive been onto the company, it isnt compatible however for 100 dollars they can mod it to work with my car which is well worth the money still, so will save a pot load on that esp with the wideband being included. Does the transfer case to gearbox have a gasket in between them? cause mine just had loads of silicone seal in there.

nah just engine sealant. the prob comes trying to line the 2 shafts up that go into the transfer. if you have the body and chassis manual it details in there how to do it. if not ill email it over to ya.

Ok STILL waiting on my leg puller however this did turn up.

DSCN0587.jpg

DSCN0586.jpg

Got it from poland which seems to have kind of a gt4 club and they sell some stuff on eBay. It was either 140 quid from fennies or 70 from poland and to be honest its really good quality, well happy. I know it sounds dodgy coming from poland i bet most people think a taxi driver made this ha.

Mike

looks very bling :drool: not bad value either.

I've got the damn puller Lee!!! **** useless **** slow ***** mother **** royal mail. Block has gone off for its chemical wash, just need some machining done, and get the ecu at the turn of the month, should just be the turbo to get at the end. The lad who works in my hangar for british aerospace is doing a rebuild on his mr2 turbo, its only bright yellow aswell ha

lol bit of a coisidence.

sweet keep us informed of progress.

Had a word with tim at tbdevelopments and he said stick with the gt3076r for the power im going for unless u want to sell me your gt35 aj ha

its yours for £7K LOL.

I really have to get a video posted of the noise of the gt35 makes when it starts to spool!

Ok got the crank pulley off stripped it all down. Found something interesting, who ever put the engine back together used the tops of toyota main bearings with acl bottom bearings. New block is just getting a chemical bath, just thinking shud i get it all machined first or get the ecu.

odd, cant see why anyone ould do that though.

lol........choices choices.

id get it machined firs. you can still run it in with the stock ecu any way which will give you time to sort the new ecu.

Just want to check something with u lee, you know the gaskets which ones are cardboard and which are metal. I remember when i got a new water pump the gasket that came with it was cardboard. Is the oil pump gasket cardboard or metal? its hard to tell with the one ive taken off as its gone so brittle u just cant tell

Edit - decided to go for a 1.1mm apexi head gasket, stopper type gasket. 1.1mm is the size when its new. Now it says on the gt4 website that the oem gasket is 1.4mm new and 1.2mm compressed. So i would imagine this is the case for the apexi gasket which makes me think i should get a 1.5mm. You think it will compress by .2mm lee so it would be a 1.3mm gasket.

• 2 weeks later...

Right well bit of an update, just been up to york to get the block machined and the bottom end fully balanced. Since i was using the cp pistons out my block, the sizes were affected and if we re-bored them all to 86.5mm there would be way too much clearance for the pistons with it being .005 is of .0035. So we re-bored every cylinder to a specific size and dedicated a piston to each. Went to performance unlimited lee, dave was very helpful, definitely knows his stuff he's had his place for ages since the 80's.

Also nipped over to mansfield and got an evo 8 core.

Almost ready to rebuild, just waiting on arp bolts, rings which i need to order and shane to wash my block but he's on guard at the moment.

sorry bud just seen this. yeah oil pump is card water pump is metal.

not sure on hg i have a 1.2mm HKS and have had no issues with det even running 1.8bar on the old hybrid.

yeah daves a top block helped me with rings for the rolla.

wont be long now.

you been on the gt4oc site, theres a couple of corolla projects going on, i think one is the same model as yours, he's making a 4wd conversion.

yeah ive seen it, its actualy the next model up. looks good. gonna make a start on mine in the next few weeks. get the engine in the rear lol.

Definitely have to start a thread, who has the fastest corolla in the uk? is yours up there?

think its just behind fennies one AFAIK. will defo be deep into the 11's when done

What do you have to do with the alloy sump pan when you put the arp main bolts in? Also what was that vauxhall part that you got for the external wastegate was it?

Another thing is, i contacted the guy about the apexi head gasket sizes. Now he said the sizes are from new and not compressed, so i was looking at the 1.1mm or 1.5mm. A standard 205 gasket is 1.4mm new and 1.2mm at being compressed, with the 1.1mm i was concerned over valve clearances, the cp's have the valve cut outs in them probably for high lift cams but with the head being skimmed 0.005" and a smaller gasket (1.1mm if i got that one) plus 264 cams would the clearance be there for the valves? This was the reason i was thinking 1.5mm or am i talking <the spuds of lurrrrvve>s. I'd like to get the 1.1mm gasket as this would help with the low down power but just want your view on it lee.

dunno really, hard to say. i would stay on the safe side and go for a 1.5mm its not really going to make that much difference TBH.

the alloy sump will become clear where and how much you will need to remove when you offer it up. basicaly its the rear main bolts that will foul on the sump, just need 2 cutouts cutting in.

part number for boost valve is 55557829. still got the box but that says its the part number.

yeah might have to make some wheelie bars lol

I went for the 1.1mm, it will be better for what i am looking for and a little less chance of the gasket starting to blow. I can always check if there is any contact betwee piston and valve before i turn the key

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links