Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gt4 Engine Removal

Fawbs

yeh i had the same problem with the arp bolts. I just used a half circular file and worked away until it stopped fouling. I was under the impression if you are going to be running quite high boost you would want the thicker gasket. I went with 1.5mm

To be honest i might only run 1.6bar, had a word with dan on the gt4oc as he his the man in the know for turbos. discussed what i wanted the car for etc and it would probably work better if i dropped the bhp goals to 430-450 and get a gt3071r with the smallest ar 0.63. This way it is quick spool up and good for fast street stuff with the occasional track day thrown in. Tried finding the apexi range of turbos but i had no joy at all they are well rare and just cant find any info on them. I think i only wanted the gt3076r could i could go over 500bhp if i wanted to but for what horse power i would have been running i doubt it would have got it into its optimal power band.

As for the gasket thing i don't think that is true, i'm sure the thinner it is the better it is as there is less chance for the gasket to blow but im not sure if thats a fact but i read one or two comments pointing to that being the case. Plus with running bigger cams and making the power band move up the rev range i don't want to move it up anymore with a large head gasket.

Mike

yeh i hear what you are saying, sometimes i think i have gone for too big a turbo. although even if i am sitting at idle my garrett gt3582r will continue to spool for about two more minutes after the engine has been cut off! and spulls up even if you blow into it!

the only reason i mentioned it was the machine shop that i delt with said to small a gasket can cause damage if running to much boost and he had seen en evo engine suffer for this very reason

Don't say that aj haha i think it all depends on how much clearance u get, 1.6bar isn't too bad to be honest and it should see near the best out of the 3071. Yeh your turbo is way too big for what i want be too laggy i would have thought.

Plus the cp pistons have the valve grooves in them so it should all be safe as they are set up for higher lift cams as i think it says in the cp description. Anyway going to get my rings at the start of december since i spent enough money this month and my arps still havent arrived, so that will be the main assault hopefully.

im running 1.8bar on a 1.2 with no issues (goes off to touch wood lol )

what turbo are you running?

how quick does it spool up to 1.0bar?

am i rite in saying you are running standard cam shafts?

yeah std cams and fanimolds.

Apexi RHX6 (rare as rocking horse poo) will run 2.5bar quite comfortably.

1 bar hits around 3800 and 1.8 about 4250. boost seems to come in two stages, a pull about 3500 and then a big shove about 4000. it is a bit laggy but i can live with it :D

It may be a bit laggy but trust me when the boost kicks in you definitely know about it. I've been in lee's car and trust me ive never been so scared/thrilled/happy/amazed etc in my life you just can't help but laugh and smile at how fast it is haha. Also once you've been in it it just gives you more motivation to get your own car done to think it could be as fast as the corolla.

well fingers crossed mine ends up as quick as the rolla. just took delivery of my adjustable cams yesterday, any of you guys know the best setting for the exhaust and inlet cam

I don't but there is some discussion about it on gt4oc.net, i will have a look later and post it on here if you arent a member on there. To be honest it should be down to the mapper as he will know where to tweak them for what is best for the car.

Mike

PS: got my ARP bolt set today!!! finally

whoo hooo on with some engine building then :)

yeah best installing the cams set to 0 and leave the top pulley cover off and let the mapper set them.

you may get some guidlines as to what others have used or go with the cam manufacturers spec.

yeh there was nothing worse than having to wait for that all important part.

will do, but i have exams in the next few weeks so will just have to be patient.

Yeh i'd like to Lee but ive finally got my block in for a chemical bath haha, been a bit of a nightmare getting hold of shane as he's been on guard and all sorts. I really hope i get it back this week as he took it down on friday.

Was talking to someone in another post, thinking of getting the cylinders cryo frozen, its 150 quid for 4 cylinders. Really interested in doing this, to help against cracks and pro long the life of the engine.

Depends how thick it is as it may not be thick enough to tap for the wi nozzle, ive emailed them but no reply. Not sure if this is the right one as you see on the oem one in the picture it narrows a little, with the ones i have seen on eBay they are just straight through with no narrowing. Is the mr2 throttle inlet and mr2 turbo throttle inlet the same?

hiya. the ATS one should be ok, if it turned out to be a tad too thin then you could have a small boss welded on to it to tap into.

any of the rev 3 MR2 inlets on eBay will be ok though.

have you started to put it together yet?

Hopefully if i get my block from the wash tomorrow coz i dont think shane is in today. Atleast i will rememeber all these parts i missed for next time. I would have put my front mount on at the weekend but the weather was awful aswell as paint up a few spots where the paint has come off.

Lee, Aj, do either of you need anything from america? I'm going to see someone tomorrow about bringing everything back in an ISO so i could ship a whole shop back if i had the money haha. I remember somebody took their bike last year.

lol, erm nothing i can afford at the mo :(

cheers for the offer but i am in the same boat as lee, want to much but can afford so little, :( . sorry to hear about the swine flu

fawbs i think i caught your swine flu, woke up this morning feeling like death,

where have you guys placed all your gauges? I have a single pilar gauge holding the boost, but i have 4 other gauges that need to be put somewhere but have no idea where looks best?

Feel sorry for you, my left tonsil has un-swolen itself so i can take fluids on board now without it killing and maybe some food as i havent really eaten in 3 days. Ok gt4_taras sells these gauges http://www.gt4oc.net/forums/viewtopic.php?...r+pods#p1004093 which im going to be getting this month for 52mm gauges. As he says on there he couldn't use an A pillar pod as he installed a roll cage but if you would like an A pillar pod specific to the car go to http://www.hypersr.com/index2.html go to custom, then pillar pods and its down the list somewhere.

I was thinking of cutting into the dash somewhere with a circular drill is it?? im not sure what the technical name for it is, you put it on a pillar drill and cut circles, not sure where i would do it though.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links