Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Haynes Manual

IrishRob

Does anybody know if Haynes have released a manual for the Aygo? Just spotted the Corrolla has a new one out and got me thinking.

Does anybody know if Haynes have released a manual for the Aygo? Just spotted the Corrolla has a new one out and got me thinking.

Hi,

About 6 months ago I emailed Haynes about a manual, explaining about the petrol engine (1KR-FE) being used in a number of cars from various brands.

They said they had no plans to do 1 :(

My own feeling is that with the car being Europe only it won't get 1, I do think the Yaris will get one eventually, because Urban Cruiser & other cars use the platform - I once had the 99-05 Yaris Haynes manual - maybe this would be useful for just the 1.0l engine.

Haynes are considering a Toyota Starlet, RAV4 (don't know which) & MR2 mk2 - http://www.haynes.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/..._category=10001

I've found all of the manuals I need on the Toyota Service website e.g I needed a copy of the bluetooth Headset instructions & I got Mud flaps fitting guide - Its not a Haynes manual (which makes excellent bedtime/toilet reading) but it might get you by for individual jobs.

P.S: A weird thing I've noticed with the Aygo is the parts that come from PSA & Toyota, my brother has a 1999 Pug 407 estate & it has the interior light from the aygo .... I know where to go if I break 1 :P

I've actually got a GERMAN manual for the Aygo, C1 and 107.

Quite a nice book, as it also covers some modifications you can

easily do yourself, like fitting an extra doorswitch for the interior light...

Regarding that light: my dad just bought a second hand Peugeot Partner:

the light in the loading space is the exact same too :D

Hi,

If you need detailed tech info for the Aygo let me know and I'll drop you an email, but don't ask me how I got it ;)

Cheers

Thanks very much folks, glad im not the only one who was very disappointed by this, it is a shame as the one manual would cover the three cars. As for the sharing of parts between the cars is it such a great suprise when pugeot citreon and toyota came together each bringing a little of their own to the table... I think it would have been nice to see a toyota only Aygo, if they had gone it on their own i think many of the cars niggling reliability issues would have been solved, but then it would not have been the affordable fun we all enjoy.

Adilmon you are a lucky man, would it be possible to get the servicing information from you please? I will Message you my e-mail address. The rest of the manual I was hoping to read to develope my understanding of the car.

Thanks again.

I wonder if enough of us signed a petition to garuntee sales would they do special edition......................

I´ve got 2 manuals but unfortunately no Haynes (English):

- Revue Technique Automobile | 107 - C1 - Aygo (French)

- Jetzt helfe ich mir selbst | 107 - C1 - Aygo (German)

I´ve got 2 manuals but unfortunately no Haynes (English):

- Revue Technique Automobile | 107 - C1 - Aygo (French)

- Jetzt helfe ich mir selbst | 107 - C1 - Aygo (German)

I doubt the german I did in school would help much here, if only they had thought me words that were useful instead of just how to order food and drink. :rolleyes:

Who are the publishers of these German and french versions? they might be persuaded to try crack the english market if they knew Haynes wernt even considering it.

I would buy it if there was one.. There is even Haynes manual for scooters or my tiny motorbike Aprilia RS125.. I don't understand why they don't plan to make one. I bet there are more Toyota Aygos on the road than Aprilias RS125. Must be a recession/credit crunch thing.

I would buy it if there was one.. There is even Haynes manual for scooters or my tiny motorbike Aprilia RS125.. I don't understand why they don't plan to make one. I bet there are more Toyota Aygos on the road than Aprilias RS125. Must be a recession/credit crunch thing.

Probably. !Removed! banks, money is probably safer kept under the matress these days.

Haynes used to do manuals for pretty much any car/bike out there but recently seem to have given up doing most of them. Over the years I have tried to buy a Haynes manual for every car/bike I have owned when I first get the vehicle.

I don't know if Haynes used to buy the cars or they were given them, you'd have thought it would be in the interest of Peugeot/Citreon/Toyota to supply Haynes with a few vehicles free in order to get them to make the manuals. But I expect that modern car dealers don't want to encorage people to do their own work instead of paying them for it.

With the economy as it is I would think the market for these

DIY-service manuals would be even larger than it allready is...

I've had the Dutch equivalent of a Haynes Manual for all of my cars so far

(and a reproduction Factory Service Manual for my DeLorean) and would

really like one for my Aygo too. Luckily my German is sufficient to cope

with the German book I have now...

I see a market forming here. whos interested in coming together to do some publishing? :)

• 5 months later...

Well no sign of a Haynes manual yet, but I have seen on eBay (UK) today, Toyota Aygo manuals and Toyota parts catalogues for sale. Very reasonable prices.

And no, I am not the seller.

For those who can understand German, there is a manual available on Amazon uk

I wuldnt expect one for another 10/15 year! Its seems they only bring out the boy racers car manuals

The German book is quite good actually. It's written from the DIY point of view, so they even

include tips on wiring in an extra courtesy light switch and the use of Flatblades and so on...

With HAYNES its a good idea for anyone interested in a manual to contact them , the More that make contact the better the chances, lets fact it they would be producing one manual to cover 3 cars , seems to make very economical sense to me :)

http://www.haynes.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/...catalogId=10001

...just sent them an email :thumbsup:

I wuldnt expect one for another 10/15 year! Its seems they only bring out the boy racers car manuals

I think it is related to the popularity, as previously mentioned, if enough people phone in who genuinely want a Manual for their Aygo, then HAYNES will decide to make the manual. It seems that they only do the boy-racer cars because they are the most popular and are the ones that get the most D.I.Y work done on them.

The Corolla E12 has a manual for it and it about 10 years old. I would say it is to do with popularity more than anything else. :D

I do find it annoying that there are very few AE92 manuals out there, you never see them on the shelves, yet manuals for sh!t@ Corsas are always there! :ffs: :lol:

Hey, I have looked in Halfords and they have nearly every manual for each toyota apart from the Aygo which is !Removed! typical lol.

Ive also checked on the net and cant find them anywhere, I'd like one myself :-(

If you do come across one though let me know!

Sorry i couldnt help

Thanks

Luke

Hi,

If you need detailed tech info for the Aygo let me know and I'll drop you an email, but don't ask me how I got it ;)

Cheers

My offer above still stands.

If you're just looking for service info you can find it on the below sticky link

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=95170

There's a few cd versions for sale on eBay, I'm not sure it would be any good for £4.99 but then it's not a huge loss if it isn't too good I guess??

• 1 year later...

Looks like Haynes are finally bringing out an Aygo Manual. According to their website it's due out in November 2011

That's correct! the C1 and 107 versions are supposedly coming out sooner though. The 107 oc is doing a trip down to Haynes motor museum for the launch, I'm going and any other Aygo owners are more than welcome to come along!

That's correct! the C1 and 107 versions are supposedly coming out sooner though. The 107 oc is doing a trip down to Haynes motor museum for the launch, I'm going and any other Aygo owners are more than welcome to come along!