Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Celics Gen 7 Cigarette Lighter Problem

Sambo_01

I have just bought a 2001 Celica. I am having a problem with the cigarette lighter. I use to plug in my iPhone charger to it and everything was fine. However now it does not charge the phone and the actual lighter does not get hot.

It seems like there is no power getting to it any more. Does anyone have any idea why it would suddenly stop working? Could be be a fuse?

I need to get it fixed as I travel a lot so I need my sat nav plugged in to it!

Hope someone can help!

Sam

Most likely to be the fuse mate. There are two fuse blocks in your car one under the bonnet & one inside the car, you want the one inside the car. There is a panel on the side of the centre consol by the drivers left knee, pull this off to access the fuses. Cig lighter fuse is no.1 - (bottom row nearest the gearstick). Print off the attached file for future ref.

ARTICLE_FUSEBLOCK_DIAGRAM.pdf

Most likely to be the fuse mate. There are two fuse blocks in your car one under the bonnet & one inside the car, you want the one inside the car. There is a panel on the side of the centre consol by the drivers left knee, pull this off to access the fuses. Cig lighter fuse is no.1 - (bottom row nearest the gearstick). Print off the attached file for future ref.

ARTICLE_FUSEBLOCK_DIAGRAM.pdf

Thanks mate i will give it a go! Just need to get a 15a fuse!

Ok So i checked the fuse and it was blown.

I replaced it with one of the other 15a fuses and it still didn't work. I checked the second fuse and that had blown too.

What would be causing it to blow again? I really dont want to take it to Toyota as im guessing they will charge a fortune.

Your help is appreciated!

Yeah there'll be a short somewhere, pull the gearstick surround off - the part that the !Removed! lighter is mounted into, just pull up either side of the gearstick n it'll pop off & have a look for anything obvious, loose connection, cut wire etc. It's also possible the !Removed! lighter socket itself could be the problem, if you have a meter check that out.