Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Me Choose

e78522

"Hiya im new"so please if this topic has been asked before then hopefully the answers that will help me shpuld come quickly and i thank the reader /readers for thier input concerning my question.

I am about to order my new iq from my local dealer but my problem is having had a test drive in the 1.0 litre and the 1.33 litre i cannot for the life in me deceid which one to go for, i know your all thinking "What" is this chap for real but beleive me when i say its not that easy as both cars are so jolly good and on the somewhat short test drive in each its left me with a very hard dessision.

Now from a car point of veiw thats really good and it just shows how well the Toyota engineers have done their homework when offering an increase in power and on paper performance over the 1.0 litre models but for me it just makes it even harder. So i you the people who alraedy own and run these wonderful little car what do you think.

Thanks for your help

Make a long.......................... testdrive with both cars.

Dont't think that anybody else "decides" which one to buy......................decide it yourself and only you.

Make a long.......................... testdrive with both cars.

Dont't think that anybody else "decides" which one to buy......................decide it yourself and only you.

Thank you and yes you are so right in your advice.

I guess i was just looking for owners to tell me their feelings regurding what they own and drive as im sure i am not alone with this dissision of choice, having read test reports by "motoring journalists" they too say both models are so close in feel and driving perforance, infact one tester mensioned the only real difference was the sound the car made

I have a 1 liter model (in the Netherlands the 1.3 is zo much more expensive due to taxrules) but I love the 1.0..............you can drive it quite lazy but if you rev is it's quite nippy......of course it's not like a V8 but it uses a little less petrol.

But either way: you'll love it!.

"Hiya im new"so please if this topic has been asked before then hopefully the answers that will help me shpuld come quickly and i thank the reader /readers for thier input concerning my question.

I am about to order my new iq from my local dealer but my problem is having had a test drive in the 1.0 litre and the 1.33 litre i cannot for the life in me deceid which one to go for, i know your all thinking "What" is this chap for real but beleive me when i say its not that easy as both cars are so jolly good and on the somewhat short test drive in each its left me with a very hard dessision.

Now from a car point of veiw thats really good and it just shows how well the Toyota engineers have done their homework when offering an increase in power and on paper performance over the 1.0 litre models but for me it just makes it even harder. So i you the people who alraedy own and run these wonderful little car what do you think.

Thanks for your help

i love my iq2 but if i had the choice now i would deffo get iq3 cuz it wasnt out when i got the iq2.... the iq2 is fine...just i think the 3 would have that bit more pulling power needed on the motorway instead of dropping it into 4th...all depends how u drive as well..if you drive conservatevly then theres not much point..if u want a bit more speed and bragging rights go for iq3!

Thanks for your help

i love my iq2 but if i had the choice now i would deffo get iq3 cuz it wasnt out when i got the iq2.... the iq2 is fine...just i think the 3 would have that bit more pulling power needed on the motorway instead of dropping it into 4th...all depends how u drive as well..if you drive conservatevly then theres not much point..if u want a bit more speed and bragging rights go for iq3!

You still have to go in 4th to get power on highway... but it's to be faster, not just a try not to decrease speed.

Better stil..........try the diesel as well.

Cant get Diesel in the UK.

I got the IQ2 because I was impatient and got in early to get a great price as I would have to pay an extra 1k to get the same spec i have now, if i had had the choice i might have got the IQ3 because i have a hard driving style but im not that bothered really

The IQ2 seems fine to me. :rolleyes:

I haven't tried the 1.3, but have heard that the bigger engine buggers up the handling slightly. :unsure:

In my opinion, the little three cylinder engine is half the fun anyway. :)

I'd say that it depends what you want from the car. Is it going to be used much on motorways or just around town? Do you need all the fancy gizmos and gadgets, or do you want a cheap little runaround. I've got a standard iq, because I just needed an economical way to get to and from work. I.m now getting nearly 57 mpg, driving reasonably sensibly, on a 20 mile each way commute. I would have liked the auto wipers and lights and stuff, but didnt think I could justify £1000 when I am actually quite capable of flicking a stalk when it gets dark, or wet. By the way that isn't a dig at those who have an iq2, it's just that for me they weren't neccessary. :thumbsup:

Uhm.................if one wants a cheap little runaround why opt for an IQ?

And you forget the keyless entry (what a bless) interior mirror who darkens automatic, fog lights, heated mirrors and of couse climate control!

A steal for that money and absolutely well worth it so i believe.

My IQ3 manual is due next week. Not long now.

My 4 month old M3 convertible went last week and guess what , I dont miss it.

Just got the heated seat kit ready for the IQ as winters coming. One option Toyota dont offer :(

We only opted for a standard IQ too as we dont need all the other stuff this is just a nice cheap 2nd car for us our honda civic has got all the gizmos we need when we go on long journeys the IQ is just a town car for short jouneys.

Uhm.................if one wants a cheap little runaround why opt for an IQ?

And you forget the keyless entry (what a bless) interior mirror who darkens automatic, fog lights, heated mirrors and of couse climate control!

A steal for that money and absolutely well worth it so i believe.

If "one" wants a cheap runaround, then "one" also wants a reliable runaround. BTW the base iq has heated mirrors as well. Climate control is just posh air conditioning, keyless entry is just lazy, as is auto mirrors, wipers, etc.... if you want a highly specc'ed car buy a second hand BMW!!!!!!!!! :) :D

Thank you so much for all your comments thats just what i needed a broad veiw from people thar already own an iQ, and i have taken your advice regarding a longer test drive so tomorrow (Saturday) i will have an iQ2 for a day followed by the iQ3 on Sunday.

Really looking forward to my weekend and will post my decision early next week should you chaps be interested that is.

Many thanks again for your help and participation in giving me your views

In the end, I hope you end up with the car of your choice, because whatever model you pick, the iq is a fantastic "big" little car. Good luck and happy motoring :group-cuddles: :thumbsup:

My IQ3 manual is due next week. Not long now.

My 4 month old M3 convertible went last week and guess what , I dont miss it.

Just got the heated seat kit ready for the IQ as winters coming. One option Toyota dont offer :(

where did you get the heated seat kit? about the only thing i'll miss on my smart!!