Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Boys And Girls - What Alloys?

coing

Greetings people! I've decided to finally purchase alloys to make my yaris a little more appealing. Currently it has no wheel trims or alloys so it looks like a pikeys car at present. Its a 1 litre yaris VVTi blue edition. First off, which make should i go for?? I don't want a chav ride, so i won't be purchasing wolf race or non of that kwik fit *****. I'm not up to date on what alloy makes are good, or not good, but I'm aware wolf race is poo... and chav. I've seen some lenso samurai wheels and rota wheels on the net for a decent price. Are these good?

Next, what size shall i go for? I've heard people have problems with 17" so I'm not even going to go there. Would 16" be ok or would I get rubbing etc?

My final question is, what width tyre? is 205 too wide for a yaris? Cheers people, any input at all would be much appreciated.

jack

I have been reliably informed that the biggest wheel/tyre package you would get on a Yaris without problems is 17x7 with 195/40/17 tyres on, however, I asked the same question the other day, and as I suspected: the ride would be pretty much unbearable!

Personally, my choice would be to either stick with 14x6's as standard on the T-Sport, or move into 15x6.5 as you won't have any problems with those! On Jap cars, again it's personal preference, but I do like to see a deep dish alloy, but it's mostly personal choice imo! There are those on here who continually insult my car because it has a body kit on it, and it's a "love it or hate it" kind of kit ... I did buy the yaris like that, because personally, I do love it, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it... so I guess as the saying goes: "there's no accounting for taste" ... I do agree about wolfrace being a bit dodge, however I'd say a set of Team Dynamics racing wheels would look very nice :)

You can se my post below, and my personal choice of alloys at the moment as they come in 14x6 ... I'm also looking at a set of deep dish alloys, but I can't get a picture link for those atm, I will post later if I can find a suitable picture :)

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...howtopic=101647

Dan

I found that deepdish wheel I meant ... not sure where in the UK you'd source it from, as it's not something that you usually see in the wheel shops, at least not that I remember, and I've only been here 8 months!!

http://www.magwheeloutletstore.co.nz/wheel.asp?ID=1220411303

hope you find what you're looking for :)

As much as love the look of the odd aftermaeket kits they are more likely to lessen the value of your car and not just my personal taste. If you have to go for one the Boot Steelgrey or standard silver or the TTE ones. I would go no larger than 16 inch would look the best IMO (being a designer by profession).

Best size for all round handling is 195/50 R15 but 16's will work with 195's 205's rub!

Standard T sport size is 15x5.5 btw!

Good point one could get the stadard T-Sport Corolla/Auris alloys. The 15" and 16" Auris ones are nice and smart

edit: whoops the Auris ones will be far too wide I think!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links